By lockedoutbabysitter - 09/03/2010 17:19 - United States

Today, I was babysitting. Being kind, I went to grab their mail, while their 4 year old ate lunch. He locked me out, wrecked the house, and let me in right when he saw their car two hours later. I didn't get paid. I paid them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 978
You deserved it 9 581

Same thing different taste

Comments

Me, i would never touch someone else's mail.

YDI. You're supposed to be watching him, not going to fetch the mail.

paul924 0

dude, first thing is u bring a leash for the kid and bring it with u, also, u can sue for that

how is OP gonna sue? SHE (or he...) left the child UNATTENDED. If anything the parents can sue OP for negligence and emotional trauma to the child, not to mention the property damages.

Xxdom4073xX 0

Property damage would be pretty hard to sue for. The negligence, eh, doubt that would fly as well. There really isn't a case here, more morals then anything.

I agree, it would be ridiculous for the parents to sue her, but to me, it makes more sense for the parents to sue her than OP suing them. neither have a solid case and I'm sure it would be dismissed, but if it came down to it the parents, from the information we have in the FML have much more of a case than OP.

Xxdom4073xX 0

58- I never said Op could sue, just saying there isn't a case anywhere in this FML, ^_^.

sublime93 0

Denise, the girl version of Dennis?

SeedlessMe 13

Good thing She's the nice one, not the menace

EricJ 3

It's lousy that you were locked out, but I babysat when I was a teenager lots of time, and it never occurred to me to get the parents' mail. It's their mail. It's no burden for them to get it themselves. Let people get their own mail in the future.

Hellooomindyy 0

Now if this was me, I wouldnt being paying them shit. Either way you still stayed there and provided a service. Its not your fault that the child did that shit. What if he went to the bathroom and locked himself in there, would you be at fault for that too?

It is her fault. The parents hired her for the sole reason of avoiding that situation. She clearly failed to do her job and let the child run loose around the house...

comrade500 0

YDI for babysitting that piece of shit

asenimehenry 0

This is why you don't leave kids alone. YDI