By holycow - 22/02/2010 09:28 - United States

Today, I was awakened, in the middle of the night, by the sound of crying coming from outside. There's a mile in between houses where I live. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 741
You deserved it 2 620

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mcicycool 0

that's just creepy.. I say gtfo of there

MoonyIce 0

It was likely just some animals having sex. When they're mating, a lot of animals - foxes especially - can sound rather horrifyingly like a human in distress.

Comments

how is it an FML are you scared of ghosts or something

PUfelix85 0

not sure how this is a FML? Why did you hear crying? Did you witness a rape? Did you see a ghost? If it was the second one that is kind of cool but if it was the first then ... maybe you should have mentioned that.

Are you sure it was human then? It may have been a mountain lion.

mister_moops 0

that's the creepiest shit ever. it's an fml because if you lived in the middle of nowhere and heard someone(or a baby) crying at ******* midnight you would probably freak the **** out. at least, i would.

AndelleRae 9

Based on all of the comments, I am reminded of this: http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/crybaby.asp Either way, I can see why the OP views this as an FML. Regardless of what the noise actually was, hearing that kind of stuff when you live alone in the middle of nowhere can be pretty frightening.

wait... you live in California, but there's a "mile" in between the houses..?

not all of California is L.A. there are ranches there. and small towns and all that. really not that hard to imagine.

this would be a fml if you looked out your window and saw a naked man jerking off

I could see this being an FML b/c now the person will most likely have a hard time sleeping for a while. With that said, OP don't be afraid to call the police if you hear that.. someone might have needed help ..