By XLhottie - 06/06/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was at Target trying on swimsuits. I tried on a medium bottom and was so excited because it fit perfectly even though I've gained a few pounds. My self-esteem was at an all-time high until my mom told me I could never fit into a medium. I rechecked the tag. It was an extra large. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 187
You deserved it 23 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hustlinpimp 0

you should sit on your mom, that should teach her a lesson.

The size on the tag doesn't matter as long as the clothes fit well and you feel comfortable with the way you look.

Comments

imbtrtenu 8

Why the ******* hell are people so mean to people who are overweight. I'm sorry but if you've never been heavy, shut the **** up because you don't know what it's like. Some people have slow metabolisms, some people never learned how to eat well. Just because you all are skinny bitches doesn't give you the right to be such asses. This coming from someone who was heavy and has now lost 30 lbs, it's a long hard struggle to lose weight the right way (because crash dieting will never actually work in the long run) So stop being such sizist pigs and get a frakking life.

TheDrifter 23

Some of us ARE and always have been large, but by the time you hit 14 ignorance is no longer a valid excuse. If you know you have a slow metabolism, eat accordingly, by 14 you should be literate, grab a book on nutrition and learn how not to eat yourself into an early grave. I took my own advice at 14 and 6"3 390 became 6"3 280 and mostly muscle by the time I left high school.

sbarre1 0

Target swimsuits are cut ridiculously small. And wrong. Go to a swimsuit specialty store.

baha, that's what you get for eating them boygers!

carrie84 0

Ouch. your moms a bitch. As long as you think you look good in it that's all that matters. Also, some of you people are being such assholes. I hope the haters get fat and cant loose the weight, karma's a bitch.

Target sells swimsuits ? Oo Nevermind clothing size (they depend too much on the brand, even for shoes). But a few pounds between medium and extra large Oo Like said penn and teller : stop f eating so much, move away from your computer and COOK real good food. :)

Bitch please. I highly doubt you're an XLhottie, stop thinking so highly of yourself. Hardly any guys like fat bitches, not even many fat guys. You should come to your senses and realize that fat bitches like you will never be hot

Wow, these comments suck for the most part. Don't worry, if you thought you could fit into a medium, you're probably NOT fat. Women grow big hips. Bigger hips is actually better (due to childbirth). Don't starve yourself because of your bone structure. It won't change anything.

Well, to state the obvious first, YDI because you should have an estimate of your size. If you had tried on a real medium, that would've been worse because your cooch would've been hanging out and your stomach would've been sagging over and all-in-all it wouldn't have been a pretty sight at all. However, I think people are being really mean with their responses. I wear a size large (juniors) in bathing suits and most clothing, but hell, I look good. My bathing suit is a TWO-piece, but it's a tankini top, and a skirt/short-ish bottom, you don't see my stomach or thighs at all, so stop assuming that the OP was trying on a bikini. And, OP, don't worry about your mom's comment because she just sounds like a bitch. My sister is the same exact way, she always makes stupid rude comments like that, even though she is only 2 jeans sizes smaller than me and by no means is she skinny, she even tells me to shop at Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug Plus but they don't even sell my clothing size! So, yes, sometimes family can be crappy and rude, but maybe it's because of their own insecurities. Try not to rely on your weight as your source of self-esteem, rely on good things you do, whether it be for your body, your mind, or for other people. =)