By XLhottie - 06/06/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was at Target trying on swimsuits. I tried on a medium bottom and was so excited because it fit perfectly even though I've gained a few pounds. My self-esteem was at an all-time high until my mom told me I could never fit into a medium. I rechecked the tag. It was an extra large. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 188
You deserved it 23 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hustlinpimp 0

you should sit on your mom, that should teach her a lesson.

The size on the tag doesn't matter as long as the clothes fit well and you feel comfortable with the way you look.

Comments

Not all thin women look good in bikinis either... OP wear whatever you want, ignore the 'fat girls in bikinis are gross/make me feel sick' etc. I personally think a one piece is very unflattering it seems it makes my tummy look even fatter than it is without it. But you pick whichever you feel most comfortable in. I haven't dared venture into swim suit buying yet. I've lost 17 pounds since last summer, yay smaller tummy! but for some weird reason my boobs have got bigger! so no idea what size top to aim for, unless they're written like bra sizes, but I think they're done in 6,8,10,12 so no idea, can't even go on my t shirt size as I have tops ranging from (UK) 8 to 14. So be happy you found a swim suit that fits no matter what the size!

NGM_KID 0

Your fat thumb was covering up the other "X" so it really was an "XXLarge"

Anyone who is saying to eat less, is retarded. I don't think they understand that eating less still causes you to gain weight. Skipping meals or not eating enough actually helps your body to become really good at storing fat. Why? Because it needs to, in case it is starved again in the future! Your body needs fuel to work properly, so if you don't provide it with enough, it will take as much as it can the next time you feed it and store it as fat so it will have fuel the next time it is starved of food.

bosco_kk 0

Eat healthy. Cardio. Drink water.

#78 you maaaaay want to practice your spelling and grammar so you won't embarrass yourself again by typing up the stupid shit you just said. Go back and finish school and then come back to attempt insulting me. Also, why did all these fat people report abuse on #49's comment? Didn't want to see the ugly truth? I rest my case when I say that you fat people should stop complaing how hard it is to be fat on here and GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT god dammit!

What the ****? it really pisses me off that everyone assumes that her two piece is a bikini and second of all. I'm not an XL, but I know a lot of people who are and they by no means look bad. Grow the **** up to all of you who say XL is fat and they should basically not swim, or even show themselves in public. because seriously?

taylerrr 0

sounds disgusting. dont wear two pieces....thats gross. i dont mean to sound rude, but medium to an extra large is quite a bit more than a few pounds.... really YDI for gaining that much weight and not doing anything about it. go to the gym. and dont wear bikinis. no one wants to see that. ps-mcdonalds sucks and candy is nasty. if your that hungry that youd eat something as nasty as mcdonalds, might as well eat something like a banana that is equally as nasty, but better for you. or you could just eat some carrots or something thats not so nasty.

Lol! Ignore the more negative comments on here, sweetheart. I'd rather see a chick in an XL size bikini than a chick in a size zero one. Bones = gross. Curvy girls get the tick in my book every time. In any case, so what if was an XL? You thought you looked good, right? Then you probably did. Sizes are very, very subjective. They depend on the person, and apart from everything else, it's certainly not just a body that makes someone hot. Yeah, some people don't like seeing bigger chicks in certain clothes, and that's their preference, but everyone has preferences; so what? Just because someone doesn't like something you are/do/wear/etc, that doesn't mean they get to have a say in the matter (and if they do say anything, they're just assholes who aren't worth half a thought). As long as *you* are happy and comfortable, that is *all* that matters. **** the haters, darlin'. If you've got it, flaunt it ;)

people don 't seem to realise how difficult healthy weight loss can be for some people, it takes time, even if they started doing something now, the op might not be a different clothes size this summer. it's not going to be 'stop eating sugar and do some excersize and in 2 weeks you'll be a small'