By XLhottie - 06/06/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was at Target trying on swimsuits. I tried on a medium bottom and was so excited because it fit perfectly even though I've gained a few pounds. My self-esteem was at an all-time high until my mom told me I could never fit into a medium. I rechecked the tag. It was an extra large. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 188
You deserved it 23 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hustlinpimp 0

you should sit on your mom, that should teach her a lesson.

The size on the tag doesn't matter as long as the clothes fit well and you feel comfortable with the way you look.

Comments

The size on the tag doesn't matter as long as the clothes fit well and you feel comfortable with the way you look.

You'll lose the weight. You can do it. Maybe this was the wake up call that you needed. Your mom doesn't sound supportive. Swimming is great. So is walking, running, biking. Move around as much as possible. Dance! And please... stay away from the 2 pieces for now...and sugar..stay away from sweets. :)

generictp 0

She didn’t say she was wearing a bikini. She just said she was wearing a two piece which means she could be wearing a tanki. I much rather see people in a tank top and short swimsuit than a normal one piece. Depending on what department she went to a junior x-large is different from a women’s x-large so she may not be big at all.

HaileyP12 0

omg. ignore all these stupid comments. XL? big effin deal. it doesnt mean that you are fat by any means. some girls have big butts and sorry that you arent the type of girl to let your ass hang out or can fit into baby gap clothes. its no YDI. you have a booty. be proud. and **** all the people who say youre fat.

thank you! I am not fat but I wear large to extra large swim bottoms because I have quite a booty. Also, swimsuit sizes are really wierd. one brand I fit in a medium another I need a large.

I hear you 325 :P with my bathing suit I have a medium top and large bottoms. The top fits perfectly and the bottoms are a little tight, but I don't need to go up a size. All it means is I have a big butt. Or as sir mix-a-lot would say; "baby got back!"

People who rain shit on FMLs like this must have terrible self esteem o.O Seriously, what's with all the 'don't wear a bikini' bollocks? She can wear whatever the **** she wants, you immature pricks! Oh noes, someone who has curves is exposing skin! Eye bleach, eye bleach! Losers.

stxchickshortie 0

Haha awe I'm sorry LOL but it's still funny I do the same thing

kellster 2

Is this an FYL because you don't know what size you wear? That's what it sounds like! If you're going to gain weight, then you have to figure out what the most fitting and flattering size is. That wasn't terribly tactful of your mother, but if you know you've gained weight, how could you have expected to fit a smaller size? Don't be clueless, and you won't invite comments like that in the future!

FurrTrap 0

Don't let *anyone* drag your down. If you were happy with the swimsuit, that's great. Forget about the size of it. If you think it looks right and you felt confident, just go with it. Ignore what anyone else says. What you think about yourself is far more important! Be happy :)

Are you even allowed to try on swimsuits? Thats pretty gross... I mean really?