By XLhottie - 06/06/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was at Target trying on swimsuits. I tried on a medium bottom and was so excited because it fit perfectly even though I've gained a few pounds. My self-esteem was at an all-time high until my mom told me I could never fit into a medium. I rechecked the tag. It was an extra large. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 187
You deserved it 23 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hustlinpimp 0

you should sit on your mom, that should teach her a lesson.

The size on the tag doesn't matter as long as the clothes fit well and you feel comfortable with the way you look.

Comments

lovely997 0
foryoublue94 0

#1 Just because someone is large doesn't mean they eat a lot. You can eat practically NOTHING and be large, I know this from experience. And secondly, this sounds like something that would happen to me. I can wear a medium most of the time but my mom always yells at me that no matter what I would never be able to wear a medium.

okay, ONE. - maybe she was trying on a ******* tankini? those are two pieces that DON'T SHOW STOMACH. two! - don't tell her to be anorexic number one, that's completely dangerous. three - go get some lives. you guys have NO right to tell her that she's disgusting for being fat. stop being so rude, because you're probably not perfect either. kthnkxbye.

OP: FYL because your mom's a bitch for saying that and it's an all around sucky experience. YDI because losing weight really isn't that hard. All you have to do is toss your junk food and start running or walking or biking a little every morning. People whine all the time about how it's not a choice. Yes, some are born that way, but unless the sidewalk outside your home is made of lava or you have a condition that requires you to eat massive amounts of fat, sugar, etc, to survive, there really is no excuse. Though being a dancer, I may not be the most experienced in the area of serious weight loss. #56 ftw. #49 needs to chill.

#7 and #57 win hands down. The rest of you little teeny boppers should quit trying bc your comments bore me. The people defending her are probably fat asses themselves and should probably go jogging instead of sitting on a computer talking about how it's ok to be fat and that everyone dissing it should stfu. GO JOGGING FATTIES!

Hermyoni 0

Just because she was wearing XL bottoms doesn't make her fat. Plenty of people have bigger butts but are still fit all over. She could of just gained curvy weight vs. cellulite and a gut. Also it could of been Juniors Xl and that is smaller then a womans XL. Target bathing suits run small so if she was wearing an XL juniors anywhere else it would be a L. But i guess you'd all think that was fat to.

I have no mercy for fat people; Don't eat as often.

foryoublue94 0

A lot of people here don't seem to know anything about weight. I suggest if you don't know more than one cause of it, not to comment about it.

Over 50% of the United States is overweight, and only a VERY small percentage of that is actually due to metabolic causes. The majority of it is due to over-indulgence and under-activity. It's due to your lifestyle, not a disease. Stop eating so much and get off your asses.