By Anonymous - 22/01/2010 02:49 - United States

Today, I was at my work. To urge people to be generous, I paid my friends to put 15 bucks in the tip jar while saying how great I was. He did this about ten times throughout the day. Turns out, us employees don't get to keep the tips. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 994
You deserved it 28 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

realggirl 0

Absurd! Why don't you guys get to keep the tips?

You don't keep tips?!?! FYL. That's bullshit. Sure, you probably have done a little research before your little "investment", but still.... that's complete bullshit.

Comments

abasio 1

Why didn't you know this? Was it your first day?

68, in the u.s, you have to pay taxes on the amount of tips you get

debatingalways 0

OP is probably a cashier. And if so then it's the same reason I don't get to keep my tips as a cashier and that is because if I was allowed to then I would have to be paid 2.25 (waitress pay) and since people don't often tip cashiers that wouldn't be the most logical plan. Minimum wage is always better than waitress/waiter's pay and relying on tips. OP really should have known all this ahead of time though so TDI.

astro16 0

Sounds like a lot of people need to find new jobs. If you're fed up with what you make, QUIT. Someone else will be more than willing to take your position.They are not forcing you to work there. -EVERYONE IS REPLACEABLE-(ESP if someone is willing to do the same job for less). People are not required to tip (unless the restaurant enforces it on a certain amount of people). All of the servers know the policies, and that sometimes people dont tip,if you didn't like the fact that someone stiffed you, you wouldn't have taken the job. You can't say "if they can't tip don't eat out", you apparently know how they feel when they can't, since most are complaining about it. AND most people who don't tip, didn't like the service. Therefore, you need to step up your game. Naive servers huh?

Sucks it didn't work but.. genius on your part! :)

ckrider64 8

here's a tip: know how your job works.

Employees can't keep their tips? That is complete bull. I would get a new job.

Am I the only one who wonders what kind of establishment OP works in? There is NO where in this FML where it is stated that OP is a server. Maybe, they aren't allowed to personally accept tips at their job and all tips go to a charity or are put into a pool for other things.