By ismerf19 - 22/12/2010 00:05

Today, I was working in a restaurant. On the receipt under "tip" someone actually took the time to write out "$0.00." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 447
You deserved it 7 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

schwancy 2

People only do that when they want you to know they aren't tipping you because you did a crappy job.

lol... cheapskate... nice way to tell you you didn't work hard enough xD

Comments

schwancy 2

People only do that when they want you to know they aren't tipping you because you did a crappy job.

both makes sense. If it was the case of #2's then YDI. If it's in the case of #30's, then this isn't an fml... by the way, I'm jealous I have no tattoos and you guys do. Kay. done.

renaet 0

Wtf I write the zeros out all the time when I pay with my card. Whether I leave cash or not.

Lil_lion_rawr 5

I tip %20. Sometimes even over. Once I tipped 100% and another time I tipped %40.. Just depends on how well the waitress did, one time I didn't tip the waiter, he was rude and neglected my date and I.

What I have always been told is (if you plan on it) leave a cash tip rather than filling it in on the receipt for a couple different reasons. But ultimately, I've heard surprising/upsetting stories of servers who will take it upon themselves to fill out that part of the receipt so they are giving themselves a tip and youre paying for it. I have always crossed out the tip line (like you would for a check) and fill in what my total was at the bottom leaving no room for anyone else to write a number. So it could have been nothing personal, or anything to do with service. Just a customer whos probably heard the same things and protecting their financially security.

lol... cheapskate... nice way to tell you you didn't work hard enough xD

tdog_ossim 0

actually ur right, technically he/she could extract the ink from the pen and use it for her own pen at home that is out of ink. ur a genius

kristen1823 0

Maybe they wanted to show you what your service was worth,..

RawrBunneh 0

oooh! I would take that 00 any day! ;D