By nextstopplz - 07/04/2009 08:47 - New Zealand

Today, I was at a window seat on a bus full of people when I saw a person lying motionless in a gutter. I jumped up, nearly hysterical, screaming for the driver to stop because there was a guy really hurt on the road. An emergency stop and huge commotion ensued. It turned out to be some garbage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 690
You deserved it 54 896

nextstopplz tells us more.

haha wow there are some a*holes out there. actually I have very good vision and i am not intellectually stupid thanks... i was in a moving bus and it wasnt a garbage CAN.... i dont think people come in that shape, but a big bag of garbage that had split and stuff had come out and around the bag.. yeah. maybe next time this happens it will be one of the a*holes that commented on this lying in the gutter and i will remain silent. HAHA!

Top comments

Zerenade 0

lol, how the hell did you mistake some garbage for a person?

Good for you for being concerned though - many many people would totally ignore a gutter person.

Comments

Well, I'm not sure if it's a YDI or FYL because at least you care about someone enough to stop the ENTIRE bus, just to check to make sure they were okay, I'm sure most people would have just blown it off. On the other hand, unless it was a large pile of garbage, I'm not quite sure how you assumed it was a person...but I guess anything's possible so I guess it's a FYL and a YDI.

At least your heart was in the right place.

You were trying to do the right thing. Good for you. Imagine if the opposite occurred.

yesmy_love 0

.......um, is this the same genius who thought the child was a trash can?? what has this world come to when everyone is mistaking trash for people?? and #37, kudos! greeeat movie!

hope this won't discourage you from doing something about it if you ever see something else that looks like a person in a gutter.

average_girl 0

some advice... GET GLASSES!!

haha wow there are some a*holes out there. actually I have very good vision and i am not intellectually stupid thanks... i was in a moving bus and it wasnt a garbage CAN.... i dont think people come in that shape, but a big bag of garbage that had split and stuff had come out and around the bag.. yeah. maybe next time this happens it will be one of the a*holes that commented on this lying in the gutter and i will remain silent. HAHA!

lol. some things just have that person form. I once ran out in my neighborhood in nothing but pjs in the middle of the day thinking i saw a dead animal, like a cat, across the street. turns out it was these really weird branch leaves. but better safe than sorry.

making a mistake doesn't make someone stupid. very smart people can have very bad vision, and moving buses make seeing even more difficult. good for you for making sure, it very well could have been a person, it's just this hypothetical person's good luck and your bad luck that the rest of the bus was probably super pissed off at you for the rest of the ride.