By fmlll - 28/08/2009 15:08 - United States

Today, I wanted to be creative. I hid an engagement ring for my girlfriend inside one of her running shoes. I expected her to find it and wake me up, but she didn't. Later, when I asked if there was anything in her shoe, she responded, "There was a rock. I just shook it out outside. Why?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 099
You deserved it 59 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm really sorry to say it, but YDI, come on, a ******* shoe? I'd probably shake a "rock" off too without giving 2 flying ducks about it.

dakrock13 0

Comments

...How do you mistake a ring for a rock? o__O

blah123blah 0

Oops, I can't spell tongue...

You could have hurt her, dummy. Next time, why don't you try sliding the ring onto her *****?

If her finger is as massive as a *****, she doesn't NEED one. :)

That's funny. But if you are riffing off of my comment #88, you're awesome! :)

aw come on dude. Do you really think she was gonna look what was inside her shoe? I would have done the same thing as her. As much as I hate this I have to call this a YDI.

savant365 0

Better get on treasurenet and get someone with a metal detector to help you find it.

Why the **** would you put an ENGAGEMENT RING in a SHOE?! YDI for being a ******* idiot. I'm sure you were trying to be sweet, but that's just stupid!

Protip: Be awake when you're about to propose to someone.

AGREE. he thought she was going to find it and come wake him up to celebrate? **** that. i'd be like how about you ask me when you're conscious, and actually come up with something nice to say that makes me want to say yes.

tallguy42 0

That's exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't it make sense to be conscience when you're proposing to your girlfriend?

PhinsGirl 0

Well, maybe she was a runner, and he was trying to tie the engagement with something she loved.

IOwnedYou 0

When she told you it was a rock, you didn't tell her it was actually a ring and you want to marry her?