By fmlll - 28/08/2009 15:08 - United States

Today, I wanted to be creative. I hid an engagement ring for my girlfriend inside one of her running shoes. I expected her to find it and wake me up, but she didn't. Later, when I asked if there was anything in her shoe, she responded, "There was a rock. I just shook it out outside. Why?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 099
You deserved it 59 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm really sorry to say it, but YDI, come on, a ******* shoe? I'd probably shake a "rock" off too without giving 2 flying ducks about it.

dakrock13 0

Comments

Let me guess what comes next: Today I put on my shoe and felt a rock inside. I tipped it outside and thought nothing of it. When I came back inside, my boyfriend asked me if there was anything in my shoe. Turns out, the rock was actually an engagement ring. FML But that is original though. I can't say I've ever heard that one before.

Aw, I don't think it's such a stupid idea. Since his girlfriend runs a lot apparently, it sounds to me that if she found it, then it would be creative and considerate to the kind of person she is. No, not many check their shoes before they put them on, but it's hard to believe she didn't notice the ring bouncing out on the grass/pavement when she emptied her shoe, so that's probably what he thought would happen. I think a better idea, though, would be to buy her a new pair of running shoes and stick the ring in those. With new shoes, she's more likely to check her shoes rather than empty them when she feels something in them ("What the hell is in these shoes? They're brand new...").

mcsnelly 5

I agree with u, 83! It sounds like maybe OP's girlfriend is a runner so putting the ring in her running shoe would kind of make sense. Although it would have worked much better if the ring was left in the box...and if OP wasn't asleep...Even if you'd think it'd be really obvious that it wasn't an actual rock, there was always that little chance that she'd just throw it out and not see it. So the box would have been safer. Also, I think it wasn't very romantic to be asleep when she saw the ring. Maybe get up like right after she does so that when she's putting her shoes on, the OP can walk into the room and actually ask the question as she finds the ring?

babydollxD 0

yeah cause every girl checks her running shoes for an engagement ring before she wears them. YDI.

crzygrl90218 0

Well that wasn't so smart...well atleast it's the thought that counts =^)

ThaMC 0

wow. who looks in their shoes before they go running. Way to go, mr. brilliant

runner06 0

You weren't even awake...seriously? You could have at least been awake, see her find the "rock" in her shoe and tell her to look closer or something instead. THAT would have cute. But no, you just stayed in bed waiting to be woken up...couldn't even ask, eh?

Lol would have been funny if she was like, "Honey, I found a cheap ugly ring in my shoe this morning and I didn't know what to do with it, so I just gave it to some random homeless guy. I feel good." LAWL LAWL LAWL 