By fmlll - 28/08/2009 15:08 - United States

Today, I wanted to be creative. I hid an engagement ring for my girlfriend inside one of her running shoes. I expected her to find it and wake me up, but she didn't. Later, when I asked if there was anything in her shoe, she responded, "There was a rock. I just shook it out outside. Why?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 099
You deserved it 59 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm really sorry to say it, but YDI, come on, a ******* shoe? I'd probably shake a "rock" off too without giving 2 flying ducks about it.

dakrock13 0

Comments

screwtaylor 0

The OP's wife must have been high on something to think an engagement ring looked like a rock. Look up Engagement rings on google. There is no similarities.

Agreed...I'd even go further and say that an engagement ring in a shoe would not even FEEL like a rock...I would probably have looked at it before I shook it out because I'd wonder how such a big, weird shaped "rock" got into my shoe while it was sitting in my apartment... Oh and totally off-topic, Taylor I love your eye make-up in your picture

screwtaylor 0

Awww, hahaha. Thank you. I like your red dress.

probably should have kept it in the box.. would have solved that problem... dumb move

I'm sorry, but that must've been one of your lamest moments. Who wants a stinky engagement ring?!

bubblybrooke 12

that sucks. but not very creative. maybe a moonlit walk on a beach, then take her hand and go down on one knee and ask her? that'll be something she'll remember for forever ;)

FlaminYawn 0

Either she's retarded for thinking a square black box is a rock, or you're retarded for not keeping it in there. I'm thinking it's the latter. And dude, proposing while you're not there, and involving running shoes, is not creative, it's lazy, you REALLY deserve this. Is this what romance has evolved to?

that suuucks but you shouldn't have put it in her shoe. but that's stupid for her not to notice the rings not a rock. fyl.

OP: Its nice you think outside of the box, but probably shouldnt have done it that way. I mean, if you are going to propose, make sure you are there when she sees the ring. Id ask her where she shook it out and look for it if this is recent. Everyone else: Not everyone likes "romantic" proposals. You would say that he wasnt creative enough had he done it the "traditional" way and been shot down... :)

Think about this, guys... Maybe she did see it, didn't want to marry him, and just threw it away where he would never find it. Did anyone ever think of that? Oh, and if someone already said this, good for them, I don't read EVERY SINGLE comment.

mandapanda 0

If you wanted to go the shoe route, why not tie it in the shoe laces. That way it wouldn't have just been thrown out, and when she goes to put them on she'd see it.

Exactly what I thought: if this is his idea of creativity, then FHisLife for not having one creative bone in his body. That was really the best you thought of? Shoe???