By stuck - 12/06/2016 05:59 - Sweden - Hägersten

Today, I tried to break up with my boyfriend. He decided to lock me in the apartment until I say that we are in fact still together. This is the 4th time he has done this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 175
You deserved it 4 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh look. Stockholm syndrome in Stockholm.

mds9986 24

Isn't that kinda illegal? Not sure about Sweden law though.

Comments

Maybe you need to breakup over text ?

You should sue. period. Go to the police. And carry anti-aggression spray.

that's very illegal. here in America, that counts as kidnapping in some states.

It's false imprisonment. Kidnapping involves moving the victim around.

okay the fact that this takes place somewhere called Stockholm

although the fml is creepy. Awesome reference to Stolkholm Syndrome.

Call the police! He can't hold you in a hostage/ abusive relationship.

After the second time it's on you, not him.

I'm pretty sure it's still on him. Research the cycle of abuse. Sure, she SHOULD have checked out after the first incident, but abuse victims aren't always in a situation where they can see a way out. Abusers brainwash their victims. It isn't (always) as easy as an outsider would believe. HE IS AT FAULT EVERY TIME!

The fourth time?? How did you not call the cops after the first time... I feel like this is just as much on you for enabling

Jaylene90 8

I can give you so many ways to do it right

run. run and don't look back. this is controlling behavior which, quite often, leads to abusive behavior

Already gone past "lead to". Telling OP what to do is controlling. Taking her hostage is abuse.

I dont think you could possibly deserve that, but if hes locking you up everytime you try to leave, and you're still telling him, you think it would dawn on you to try something else. Just saying.