By stuck - 12/06/2016 05:59 - Sweden - Hägersten

Today, I tried to break up with my boyfriend. He decided to lock me in the apartment until I say that we are in fact still together. This is the 4th time he has done this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 175
You deserved it 4 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh look. Stockholm syndrome in Stockholm.

mds9986 24

Isn't that kinda illegal? Not sure about Sweden law though.

Comments

I can understand this if it were the first try but the 4th? Sweetie get your stuff and run away from that dude. Don't say nothing, it's obvious that he's insane.

And you haven't called the police because...?

First time it happens, FYL. Anything past that you've enabled by staying.

True, but if OP is too scared to cross him, or does, indeed, have Stockholm syndrome, she may feel.that she can't do what most people outside the situation could see is needed.

You should really look into WHY people stay in abusive relationships instead of declaring that anything past the first time is the victim's fault.

Next time lock him out of the apartment first and break up with him through the door. He'll either be forced to leave or to listen to it. Either way you need to get outta that relationship ASAP OP.

hire movers and have them come a half hour after he leaves for work and be out by the time he gets home.

WTF. Kick the shit out of him (or more reasonably, call the police. That's a sign of abuse)

Not _a sign of_ abuse. Abuse, pure and simple. Not sure what it's called in Sweden, but in the UK it's called illegal imprisonment.

Talis99 26

Leave. For Pete ******* sake. And if you've got a male relative/friend to add some muscle, make him understand it's permanent.

This is not "ugh, my wacky annoying boyfriend" material. This is abusive. Please, get out of there. Call for help if you need to.

Leave him and don't even say a word, pack your things ahead of time and hide them in the car, and just say you're going to get groceries and NEVER COME BACK. Ignore his calls, if he stops by your house ignore his visits

If he stops by your house, ignore his visits AND CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY, while he is there.

and get a restraining order, effective IMMEDIATELY!!!!