By lifedamntough - 28/06/2009 11:49 - Singapore

Today, I took a shower after I finished typing an important essay I've been working on for days. My computer illiterate mum shut the computer down when I was gone, without saving a thing. When I confronted her, she yelled at me for "wasting electricity". FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 181
You deserved it 64 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

114tigers 0

Dude you should always save your shit before you leave the computer. Trust me.

if it was that important, YDI for not having the common sense to save it.

Comments

YDI for 1. not saving, and 2. being too stupid to realize that you ARE wasting electricity and criticizing your mom for caring

YDI for not saving. I mean cmon, if this paper was that important and you have been working on it for days, why didnt you save earlier? I don't know about everyone else but when I write a paper like that, I save every five minutes, it doesnt take long and it ensures that everything will be there in the event of an unexpected shut down.

Stop being an idiot. And if you can't stop doing that, then utilize autosave.

Leptailurus 0

Who doesn't save their work anymore. YDI, bigtime.

Wow. The whole "Save every 15 minutes" thing hasn't sunk through yet, has it? Thank God this happened now, rather than further down the line when it might be something really important.

well thats what u get for not pressing SAVE every few minutes! u dont type a whole paper without hitting save all throughout! u never know WHATS going to happen! ive learned to KEEP PRESSING SAVE eevery couple of minutes! and before u walk away from the computer you ALWAYS hit save! duh!

treli1593 0

ALWAYS save shit, you dumbass.

you should have saved it but my mom would have done the same thing

btw ms word has some kind of auto save for mishaps like that. if u turn on ur computer it might still be there

Seriously, YDI for not saving it. When I'm done with stuff like that, I immediately save it.