By lifedamntough - 28/06/2009 11:49 - Singapore

Today, I took a shower after I finished typing an important essay I've been working on for days. My computer illiterate mum shut the computer down when I was gone, without saving a thing. When I confronted her, she yelled at me for "wasting electricity". FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 181
You deserved it 64 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

114tigers 0

Dude you should always save your shit before you leave the computer. Trust me.

if it was that important, YDI for not having the common sense to save it.

Comments

i_hate_gym 0

I never understood why people don't save thier work as they go. YDI

Ugh, totally... I save mine as often as I can (unless I totally space and forget, but that doesn't happen very often). But still, OP, it was rude of you mom to just shut it off, especially without saving it. Bitching at you for wasting electricity is one thing, and I would somewhat agree with her there (depending on how long your showers are and how long it takes your computer to boot up, haha), but to actually just shut it off when there are projects in work is rude. ESPECIALLY without you even THERE. There are better ways of getting her point across, and she could have easily used them if she wasn't determined to be as rude as possible. /shrugs FYL as well as YDI. Edit: And, to make matters worse in my eyes, it's something I could picture my mother doing (after she read all of it, of course, and possibly looked at my browser history).

I agree. I get paranoid when saving my work on my laptop 'cause I forgot to save it or something like that. So I save my work multiple times while typing and I even e-mail a copy to myself in case my laptop crashes or something like this happens.

wow i thought i was paranoid but i only save three copies of imp files, two in my computer and another on the SD device loaded into my computers SD slot

beast92 2

sucks but YDI for not saving your work. Stuff like that has happened to me and I jus learn from it. Hopefully you learned from it

Get your mom one of the video professor CDs they sell on TV. Although I don't know if they're available in Singapore

You ARE wasting electricity if you're using the computer for something school related without saving your work. YDI big time.

Yeah, if you turn it on right now, it will be there. If you were using word that is. Still, your mom is stupid, but YDI for not saving as you went.

WIDRR 0

Agreed, this has happened to me, word automatically saves it. But YDI for not saving anyways.

you can't blame your mum for that. you're the one that didn't save before you took a shower.

quaggledoo 0

ydi, you should save your work multiple times throughout working on it. Computers are so unreliable that if you don't save it you'll lose everything if it crashes, and you should especially save it yourself when you're finished.