By lifedamntough - 28/06/2009 11:49 - Singapore

Today, I took a shower after I finished typing an important essay I've been working on for days. My computer illiterate mum shut the computer down when I was gone, without saving a thing. When I confronted her, she yelled at me for "wasting electricity". FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 181
You deserved it 64 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

114tigers 0

Dude you should always save your shit before you leave the computer. Trust me.

if it was that important, YDI for not having the common sense to save it.

Comments

dcubed121 0
Crzy_EyesSunrise 0

I think we have all experienced similar saving accidents. While I myself have forgot to save every so often as I should, I have the lazy way to save (at least in Word) that has saved me many a time: hold Ctrl on your keypad and press "s", and there ya' go. Then this can be avoided in the future, as for ur mom, maybe teach her a thing or two about computers--not only will she be impressed but also she then won't make the same mistake again.

Wow. How couldn't you save even once? I bet you learned your lesson.

bob1124 0

YDI. Always save, idiot. And if you'd been working on it "for days" then you obviously have an extra save point. Hell, Word sometimes backs that shit up.

alex_vik 0

Uh...save it next time you're done?

jennbug 0

Yes, save your work. Ctrl + S (Cmd + S for us Mac users) should become a reflex. However FYL for having a retarded mum who doesn't get that lots of people leave their computers on and didn't she see your essay on the screen? Dumb bitch.

It's the OPs fault for not saving her work. However, that still doesn't excuse her mom for turning the computer off without even asking. This is both YDI and FYL.