By lifedamntough - 28/06/2009 11:49 - Singapore

Today, I took a shower after I finished typing an important essay I've been working on for days. My computer illiterate mum shut the computer down when I was gone, without saving a thing. When I confronted her, she yelled at me for "wasting electricity". FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 182
You deserved it 64 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

114tigers 0

Dude you should always save your shit before you leave the computer. Trust me.

if it was that important, YDI for not having the common sense to save it.

Comments

If she's computer illiterate, she probably woudnt have known how I close it properly. In that case your files should have been automatically backed up.

An honest mistake doesn't mean she deserved to have hours of work wasted.

YDI for just leaving it up there without saving anything. And how can you work on essay for days without saving once?

sheheartsthings 0

Well you should have saved it when you finished, dumbass.

Agreed With #185 and #183 183 has a point , unless if you kept your computer on for days...

This is a lie. Who works on a paper for days without saving it at least once? It's a basic rule of computers, dude: Shit happens, so save early, save often, and save multiple copies (print out hard copy, save "draft" versions, "new" versions etc.). Oh, and back up your stuff off the hard drive (external hard drive, google docs, MobileMe, whatever). You learned a lesson.

Dude! WTF is your problem!? You should know to save a project you've worked on that long at least once! You can't be that stupid! That's just sad if you didn't bother saving it at least once over a few day period.

ccjames 0

That's why (me being very tech savy, a developer, blogger) I don't let ANYONE EVER touch my MacBook if I'm not around. My parents especially.

thescrutonator 0

That's why most people save periodically throughout the writing process...so if something goes wrong, you don't lose everything. YDI.