By tatfreak - 08/03/2011 01:03 - United States

Spicy
Today, I told a cashier I always bullshit with that I was getting a new tattoo. She shook her head and said, "Honey, don't get a tattoo. You'll look like a whore." I already have five. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 873
You deserved it 36 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

having a tattoo does not make you a *****, get all the ink you want, just make sure you get something you'll want forever

ohrlynow 9

That's ignorance at its best. Last I heard, selling sex made you a *****, not having tattoos.

Comments

some people's idea of tattoos is archaic. get the tattoo.

yeahreally 6

i would have automatically stated "Is that so? I have five" and just watched her reaction. People with tattoos like myself are not any different than people without them. Dont make a big deal and no one will know and judge you just based on that (this only goes for tattoos that can be hidden)

lilcc86 0

how the hell do tats make you look like a *****?? unless you're getting "im a ***** please **** me" tat'd across your face, thats just stupid. the cashier most likely shares her husband with her sister wives and stands on a street corner yelling at people for their sins.

Because tat's are often considered tacky and low class. It's probably just stereotypes, but i think it is much more likely an under educated, unemployed piece of scum would have 5 tattoos, then a high class individual. Same with people who have piercings all over their body. Of course i don't have any evidence to back up the stereotypes, but that's how stereotypes work any way.

They're neither considered tacky nor low class, in my opinion. They're more considered distracting or unsightly... possibly unprofessional. I've seen many upper-class people with one or more tattoos. Class has little to do with it.

Mokiikom_fml 8

Those were not actual upper-class people. Some flashy people would like others to think they're upper-class, but really... no one covered in tattoos is. It may be a stereotype, but it holds some truth. Very few tattoos are truly artistic and done by a master. Most of the stuff you see in the street is done by a poorly skilled person and doesn't looks like something you'd want to have on your skin for a lifetime.

That's your subjective opinion. Just because most of it looks like crap to you doesn't mean it is crap. You also can't tell me those people I know who have tattoos and are upper-class are not upper class. Do you know them personally? No? Well, I do...

What do you mean by upper class? Do you know any Lords, Barons, Kings + Queens, or anyone with a title with a tattoo? Just throwing that out there.

My point being, you cannot tell me that just because a person is tattooed, they are not upper-class. It is possible. I don't know any royalty, so I suppose they're not that type of upper-class. But my interpretation of upper class is earning a good amount of money (i.e. 6 figures), and I know several of those people, some of which have tattoos. Tattoos do not change your personality nor do they change anything but how you look. That's it, that's all. Please, tell me you know for sure that no kings, queens, princesses, barons etc have tattoos. Perhaps they're all covered and not talked about... but that doesn't mean they don't have them.

marshmallowmouse 0

sounds like she was bullshitting back, chill out.

addmonkey 1

You may not be a ***** if you get a tattoo, buy you wearing a *****'s uniform. I know it's popular today but I must say I think less of people who feel they need to stand out like a circus freak to know who they are, to me it just says you make bad choices.

monnanon 13

its been popular for a very long times. Picts were covered in tattoos. Maoris still are. Not everyone gets tattoos to stand out some just want the design or to decorate their body.

Mokiikom_fml 8

Those are different cultures. The yakuza (Japanese mafia) too cover themselves in tattoos, and yet if you see a non-Japanese chick covered in tattoos walk down the street in the US you won't think "wow, she must be from the Japanese mafia", will you?! Each culture has different taboos and different expectations. And our culture does NOT tattoo for the same reasons as the cultures you listed, or as the yakuza, and so on. So your comment doesn't work.

monnanon 13

I was trying to point out how it is not a new phenomenon but something deep rooted in the history of many people the same as piercing is. It is not something that appeared when people decided they wanted to stand out.

22cute 17

Guess what you look like? lol Say what you want, do what you want to your own skin, but know that you look like a hooker/ low life to about 70% of the ruling class. And quit your bitchin. That goes for male or female.

70% of the ruling class makes up about .7% of the population. So maybe they should just get their heads out of their asses. Finding a reason to dislike someone based on looks is a little bit out dated I'd say.

Although I disagree with getting tattoos, which I have none of, however, it can be unprofessional, since some get fired because of it depending where the individual works. In the mean time, cover up, she wont see it, and don't tell her you have 5 tattoos, or she will probably tell you exactly how she feels, and try to prove her point.