By thrill house - 25/01/2016 00:57 - Australia - Hawthorn

Today, a woman yelled at me for hurting her. I'm a tattoo artist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 860
You deserved it 1 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have put down the tattoo gun and just stared at her for a few minutes before saying "now, do you know what a tattoo is?"

were you pointing your tattoo gun at her? were you threatening her with offensive tattoos? were you also smiling weirdly? hmmm... my deduction skills are totally so fab and I must say, she might be on to something here.

Comments

Firso opinion, first comment! But I guess she was assuming it wouldn't hurt so bad.

Since OP never specified that it was at work, I'm just imagining someone walking up to some random lady on the street and punching her in the face.

Or even better running up to a random person with their back turned and trying to tattoo them

"If you don't give me ALL your money, I'll write Carpe Diem across your neck!"

I imagined that OP grabbed a woman walking down the street by the wrist, flung her round into a tree and the poor lady cried out, "Stop, you're hurting me!" OP: "I'M A TATTOO ARTIST!!!" Lady: *opens mouth in horrified surprise, widens eyes, raises chin slightly but sharply* "What?" Ded xD

You should have put down the tattoo gun and just stared at her for a few minutes before saying "now, do you know what a tattoo is?"

At the tattoo shop I work at, we have a sign that says "$5.00 whining fee"

17, that's awesome. I hope you guys actually charge that for people whining.

I've never seen that in a shop before, but I think it should be in every shop... but I was once given a discount for sitting so still and calm for the artist.... right after they had a nightmare client who was bouncing around and screaming and pulling away and took an hour longer than expected for a small tattoo (something that should have taken no more than two hours took a bit over 3).... he was so happy I had sat so still that I was done in just under an hour when he had alloted 2 for it, and it meant he was able to go get dinner (which was supposed to be between the first client and I) before his next client.

Or ask her if she wants the sticker tattoo instead.

were you pointing your tattoo gun at her? were you threatening her with offensive tattoos? were you also smiling weirdly? hmmm... my deduction skills are totally so fab and I must say, she might be on to something here.

Your profile img goes well with your comment

MyrmidonQueenn01 9

She shouldn't have gotten a tattoo then. tattoos do hurt, but to yell at the tattoo artist...

I would have just asked her if she knew what a tattoo was, if she didn't I'd of kicked her out and told her to research it.

Well, it's moreso the process of tattooing: shoving dye under the dead skin onto the live, sensitive skin.

Isn't it common sense not to piss off the person putting permanent pictures on your skin? Not doubting your professionalism OP, but I'm sure there are those outwards wreaking havoc

Sadly, there are. Sometimes it's not even a matter of pissing the artist off, they are just shitty people. I went to someone I had known for years for my first tattoo. He was an extremely talented artist and someone I considered a good friend. My parents are extremely religious and conservative; out of respect for them and their house, I waited until I moved out. When I mentioned my upcoming appointment a couple days before, they asked if they could come with me. I thought it was a little strange, but was hoping they would come around if they could see the process for themselves and that it was a sterile environment. When I looked in the mirror after, it was the worst tattoo I've ever seen. It was nothing like the design and looked like it had been done by a 5 year old. I knew my friend was a much better artist than that, so I confronted him. Turns out my parents went into the shop the day before and offered to pay him to make the tattoo look as horrible as possible to deter me from getting anymore in the future. They gave him money upfront and said how much more money he got would depend on how bad he made the tattoo look. Needless to say, they wrote him a substantial check before leaving

this is ******* unbelievable! What a friend, and your parents... terrible experience overall

I hope you tell anyone that mentions him about that incident. Good tattoo artist or not, if they pull shit like that Id rethink going to them. Tattoos are permanent and can mean something important for the person, if an artist doesn't respect that I wouldn't really want to go to them.

44- Oh, I do. So do the other people I know in the industry. Unsurprisingly, tattoo artists don't look kindly on a fellow "artist" who does something like that. He's tried to open different shops in the area, but hasn't been able to build up a clientele that tattoo artists depend on to be successful.

Damn, MsFit, you deserve to have an FML of your own!! I'm glad you didn't just let that go. Everybody deserves to know what kind of scumbag that artist is!

Your parents are awful, terrible, horrible people.

night_fox88 24

This is when you need a warning label: "WARNING. Getting a tattoo will induce pain. Continue if you can take it like a strong person."

My favorite thing a man said to his wife when she was getting a tattoo, "eat some cement so you can harden the **** up!"

dannidoll93 24

Well duh, you should have thoroughly explained to her that piercing her skin deeply with a needle several hundred times would hurt. Seriously though, maybe suggest she tries those temporary tattoos that you wipe on with a warm flannel.

Maybe she should stick with stick-on tattoos.