By animalover - 13/08/2009 16:49 - United States

Today, I swerved to avoid hitting a dog that ran in front of my car. The dog was fine but I hit a road sign, ripped off my rearview mirror, and cracked my passenger side window. When I got out to examine the damage to my car, the dog growled at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 842
You deserved it 6 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a good person. At least it's summer. It would suck to have a cracked window in winter.

iLIAMMM 0

At least he didn't bite the shit out of you...

Comments

DarkestSonata 0

This argument depends on the type of vehicle you are driving. If you are driving a truck or suv then 104 is right the added height of the hood will likely cause you to slam into the side of the deer so you should brake which would just send the deer flying forward. Whereas if you were driving something lower to the ground like a Camaro then 101 is right, you should speed up because if you brake in a Camaro the front of your car would likely hit the deer in the legs causing the animal to land on your hood and slide up your windshield.

PutDownTheGun 0

Legally, you're not supposed to swerve in that case. If the animal is as tall as your front bumper, you're supposed to brake, and if it's smaller, you're supposed to stop. One of my friends broke her arm and collarbone a few years back when she swerved to avoid a deer and lost control of her car. Needless to say, braking is safer.

Next time you'll remember not to risk YOUR life over a dog. Dumbass!

xXxJazzaxXx 0

You should've hit the dog. It probably growled at you because it WANTED to die.

That is when you kick the shit out of the dog and rip it's nuts off.

yappyJAP 0

I would have growled at you too if you almost hit me!

You saved its life. A little bit of damage to your car is worth it.

greenltrn2003 0

they didnt save the dogs life...they just didnt kill it

vdubz 0

YDI That's why you use the brakes, not swerve...