By animalover - 13/08/2009 16:49 - United States

Today, I swerved to avoid hitting a dog that ran in front of my car. The dog was fine but I hit a road sign, ripped off my rearview mirror, and cracked my passenger side window. When I got out to examine the damage to my car, the dog growled at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 842
You deserved it 6 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a good person. At least it's summer. It would suck to have a cracked window in winter.

iLIAMMM 0

At least he didn't bite the shit out of you...

Comments

That is why you don't swerve to avoid animals. You are likely to hit something else and do worse damage.

You are NOT supposed to brake slam or swerve for animals! That is a standard safe driving instruction! How wonderful would any of you "animal people" feel if you killed someone whilst trying to avoid an animal... seriously. reckless.

rbsumner 0

I was the one who posted this story and for some clarification...it was a sideview mirror, sorry about that. Also, I live in a tiny town about 20 minutes north of the Florida border. The road I was on only has about one car travel on it per hour. I obviously would not have swerved had there been other cars or pedestrians around.

YDI. Don't swerve to avoid animals. That's how you can kill someone or youself.

skandal_fml 0

YDI for swerving, and you're a complete idiot. if you can't avoid a dog, hit it rather than swerving, you risk your life or other's.

Bathory_fml 0

Sounds like someone didn't pay attention in Driver's Ed.

YDI for not driving better and noticing it before and if it was at night then get better headlights.

Rheannon 0

I live in deep southern Texas where its freaking 70 in the winter.

88sforlife 0

What the ****?!?!?! What does living in Georgia have to do with ANYTHING?!?!?!