By animalover - 13/08/2009 16:49 - United States

Today, I swerved to avoid hitting a dog that ran in front of my car. The dog was fine but I hit a road sign, ripped off my rearview mirror, and cracked my passenger side window. When I got out to examine the damage to my car, the dog growled at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 842
You deserved it 6 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a good person. At least it's summer. It would suck to have a cracked window in winter.

iLIAMMM 0

At least he didn't bite the shit out of you...

Comments

well some people equate animal and human lives. just saying.

You can't go to jail for killing a dog by accident, you can go to jail for killing a human by accident... therefore not equal

lol. it is very difficult to actually convict someone if it was an "accident". from personal experience.

jonathan1990 0

you're pretty much an idiot. yes, you are supposed to avoid hitting animals on the road. However, if you must endanger yourself or others, then it's better to run the animal over. YDI

that's shallow. "run the animal over". what if there was no one there? plus, I'd rather have a cracked window and no rearview window than to have dog guts on my car. a dog is a living, breathing creature with feelings just like us. just because dogs can't talk, doesn't mean that they don't matter.

icedrake523 2

It beats having to scrape dog guts off your car.

snickel 0

hey um unless you hit the inside of your car somehow i think you tore off your side view mirror

omgwhatanfml 0

wow. My dog was just hit by a car and killed, i wish you were there to swerve..

musu_fml 0

People are saying you shouldn't swerve for anything smaller than a deer. I say further than that; you don't swerve for ANYTHING. You should brake instead. Swerving means you're at great risk of losing control of the car (just as the OP did), and you may put yourself and other road users in greater danger. If you're going the speed limit and you emergency brake, and the animal or person still gets hit, then you're not to blame. If you swerve and kill yourself by ploughing into a tree, or kill someone else by hitting a car coming the other way, or mounting the pavement and hitting a pedestrian, then you are completely to blame, because you performed a dangerous and reckless action that led you to lose control of the vehicle. Brake every time!

monnanon 13

so we should only care for things we deem to be on our level? Thats so stupid. If i did end up in the horrible situation of hitting an animal or missing the animal and in doing so hitting a child I would have to hit the animal of course though i would do my best to miss both. However if it was an empty road im going to stop. Im sorry that your brother died but I still believe that if you can miss hitting anything then you should. As for the loyalty arguement. If your dog is so hungry that its going to rip your throat out to eat then you deserve to be killed by your own animal. At least if an animal kills something it usually has a legitimate reason like its hunger or protecting itself. Humans kill for no reason. We are also the only species that kill its own kind on purpose.

monnanon 13

If you break then the knock you are going to give the deer is less plus the push is going to be moving away from your car knockign the deer in the other direction. If you speed up you are going to knock it in the air and place your bonnet underneath it before it lands causing it to hit your windscreen

#98 Scientifically humans ARE animals. Kudos to OP because they probably saved a life, even if it was a dog's. My grandma's dog got hit and killed by a guy going way over the speed limit and he didn't even have the decency to stop and see if it was OK. Very well done OP :D