By sadcinderella - 22/12/2009 07:01 - United States

Today, I spent my day alone while my parents and siblings were at school and work. Trying to be helpful, I cleaned out the fridge, did 5 loads of laundry, worked outside, fed the pets and made dinner for the entire family. The evening was spent hearing complaints of how wrong I did everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 472
You deserved it 3 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kezzstar 0

Lovely. Of course, if you had done nothing all day, they would have complained about that too. Should have told them to do it themselves then.

Mutantking 0

well you deserve a pat on the back. there much better.

Comments

Sounds like my family! I just stop trying to do anything for a few days but nobody has time for anything, so house looks like shit and they look at me as if I am at fault. Yeah, not quite.

Awww that is horrible... I am sooo sorry ....

That's family for you. Next time tell them "If you want something done right then get off your lazy ass and do it yourself, otherwise be thankful I did it for you!" It worked for me.

around_the_world 0

Ungrateful heathens! - Sorry to hear about it, missy. :(

The worst part about well-meaning people is that when they **** something up, you become the bad guy and feel guilty for getting angry with them. The types of chores OP did are easily botched (maybe barring the fridge cleaning) if they were meant to be done a certain way. Even the pet feeding; our dog is on medicated food and eats strict servings on a set schedule, so my mom flips the **** out on my sister when she just goes and dumps a bunch of food into her bowl, then tells her "don't worry about feeding the dog, I took care of it!" If you don't usually do that chore, DON'T DO IT WITHOUT ASKING. At least then you can be given instructions. YDI all the way. Upsetting, but you brought it on yourself.

FYL OP... I remember, I stayed home from school once and I felt bad so I cleaned the entire kitchen. My dad came home and got so excited that he took us all out to dinner and got me a special ice cream treat! I still hate the jack ass though. OP FYL.

One of the reasons I moved out of the house almost the very day I graduated high school -- Every time I did my chores, I "did them wrong" and would get bitched at. My Mom would slam the cabinet doors open and shut when she'd start making dinner just to make me feel worse cause she's throwing her temper. And any time I wasn't home for a while and returned, I would get bitched at cause nothing got done while I was away and it was all my fault. I suffered depression because I felt like I was nothing more than a pain in their ass and felt like I shouldn't exist in their household, and only now do they realize that. They treated my kid sister like a princess while I was treated like shit. They respect me now, any time I come over for a holiday or something, but I'll never truly forgive them for how miserable they made me feel for six years. I still love them cause they're family, but I still hate them because of what they did. I'm rambling now. Sorry.

the story of my life. when i don't do things, they complain, and when i do things, they still complain.

juliabadulia 6

Ugh dude I totally hate that. I do shit for my mom all the time and shes always bitching about how I "dont do anything around the house" and how "lazy and irresponsible" I am. It sucks balls.