By sadcinderella - 22/12/2009 07:01 - United States

Today, I spent my day alone while my parents and siblings were at school and work. Trying to be helpful, I cleaned out the fridge, did 5 loads of laundry, worked outside, fed the pets and made dinner for the entire family. The evening was spent hearing complaints of how wrong I did everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 472
You deserved it 3 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kezzstar 0

Lovely. Of course, if you had done nothing all day, they would have complained about that too. Should have told them to do it themselves then.

Mutantking 0

well you deserve a pat on the back. there much better.

Comments

They did you a favor. Now you never have to do any of that for any of them again.

Well do it right or dont do it at all

YDI for doing it wrong...jk. but seriously that blows. Unless you screwed it up REALLY bad FYL for them not appreciating what you did.

humblebumble 1

Sounds like my house too. If I move the milk carton to the other side of the fridge shelf I get chastised. If I vaccuum the kitchen my mother will "tidy up" after me. I'm terrified of going near the laundry or washing the floors. And I'm actually really neat, not a half-assed slob or anything close.

perdix 29

So, you hosed down the fridge without taking anything out first, you made every piece of clothing pink and shrunk it to doll size, you fed the Christmas ham to the dogs, and served your family Kibbles & Bits, and you want praise for that?

OP, please, just stop. If you didn't do it right, than it's your fault. You sound like my little brother. "Oh! I tried to do it, so you wouldn't have to, Mom!" And all he ended up doing was wipe down a table and then ran to his room to play PlayStation. If your family is just griping because you didn't do it "their" way, just ignore them and walk away. Keep helping out, because, honestly, if you live there, you are contributing to the mess, and you need to take some damned responsibility. Even if you're just visiting for the holidays, it is your parents' house and you are not a guest. So get off the computer and go clean the dishes...

OnTheSaneSide 0

So many things are wrong with what you said. The OP was legitamately trying to help. How do I know? Because ***SHE*** came here and wrote that they told her she did it wrong. It would ONLY bother HER if she spent a legitamate amount of time TRYING to help. Even if she half-assed some of the jobs, it is still mildly beneficial to the family, but she still happened to not do them the way they wanted. FYL OP for not doing it how they liked it, but unlike this completely one dimensional _____, I think it was very nice of you to spend all day helping out your family REGARDLESS of whether you live there or are visiting. You DID "get off the computer" and help out, and taking 3 minutes to post this to FML doesn't even mean you were on the computer for a big length of time. This guys ridiculous...

num 40 you are a h*@* it is not his fault that same thing happened to me right now loser

themixedt4pe 0
SeximusPrime 0

What a bunch of ungrateful bastards.