By airborne - 06/05/2009 01:11 - United States

Today, I saw someone drive recklessly as if they were drunk. When I called the cops, I got pulled over by another cop for talking on my cell phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 159
You deserved it 17 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks man. I'm sure if you explain to the judge they should drop the ticket or at least the fee partially.

Leptailurus 0

As much as I hate when people talk on their cell phones while driving, I have to admit that billboard is horribly misleading in that case. I agree, FYL.

Comments

First of all, it's 'recklessly,' and second, if you're going to report someone, you probably shouldn't be breaking a different law... just saying.

doll_face 0

i'm calling you out dude. the excpetion in the 'no cell phone while driving' law is that you can use it in case of an emergency.. and drunk drivers definitely fall under that category. i'm pretty sure that chp would rather give someone a dui than a citation for cell phone use.

except they were just assuming the person was drunk, they had no actual knowledge of the person's drunkenness. YDI for being a snitch.

metro_mello 0

Reply: ok really "DONT SNITCH" ARE YOU SERIOUS? wOULD YOU REALLY WANT A DRUNK DRIVER ON THE RODE THAT WIL BE A DANGER TO HIMSELF AND OTHERS. You know getting killed by a drunk driver isnt uncommon dumbass.

You must be either lazy or stupid. Use a hands-free kit, and carry-on in your hero capacity........

YDI for talking on your cell while driving.

thecookielovrxx 8

For the record, a snitch is someone who informs on a closed group, not someone doing a public service.

collie_man 0

#13......your the reason everyone hates Europeans

I'm from Europe and I'm not a twat! He's letting the side down.

Wow, that is an awesome cop... He must have seen the other driver, driving like an idiot, but he pulls you over instead. I would take the ticket, and argue it in court. when they called me in I would gladly pay the ticket, but would be sure to point out that he passed over a drunk driver to pull over someone talking on the cell phone... excellent detective work, officer.

Wix_fml 0

The same thing happened to me. i went down to the courthouse and showed them that I purchased a hands free headset and they waved the ticket.

dethdethdeth 0

#7, it's not called being a nark to report a suspected drunk driver. Out of all the possible but irrelevant ways he could have deserved this, being a "nark" is NOT it. I have several friends that have reported drunk drivers before and trust me, it's a wonderful thing. No matter how it really did end up playing out,whether someone else gets injured, or killed, or the drunk driver themselves, it will always be an extremely dangerous, and leave so many lives in danger. Therefore if there is ANY chance at ANY time to prevent it altogether, you should. Gah!