By airborne - 06/05/2009 01:11 - United States

Today, I saw someone drive recklessly as if they were drunk. When I called the cops, I got pulled over by another cop for talking on my cell phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 159
You deserved it 17 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks man. I'm sure if you explain to the judge they should drop the ticket or at least the fee partially.

Leptailurus 0

As much as I hate when people talk on their cell phones while driving, I have to admit that billboard is horribly misleading in that case. I agree, FYL.

Comments

This one or one very similar was on fmylife a while back

Number 11: You must be from the US. The difference between European drivers and American drivers is that in Europe the driver is the person who drives the car. In the US the driver is the person who happened to sit down behind the wheel and thinks that he can do whatever he wants when he's in that seat. Actually driving the car and paying attention to what's going on around you is optional. Look up the statistics on road fatalities per driven mile for say The Netherlands or Germany and compare them to those for the US.

I've always thought that showing the officer that you were on the phone w/ 911 would negate that law. Not legally, but if u show the cop that you're contacting the authorities...just a thought. And to #13, the statistics probably have something to do w/ the fact that in Germany, you can legally drink b4 you can legally drive. So when you go alcohol-crazy, u do so on a bike :P At least, if I remember what our German exchange student said correctly...

Hypocrisy, thy name is "airborne". Breaking the law in order to report someone else breaking the law. YDI, champ. Think it through a bit more next time.

I'm not buying it. If you got pulled over just as you were reporting it, how come the cop didn't see the reckless driver?

yeah 12, I was just thinking I'd seen a similar FML.

sapphire_fml 0

So I don't know where you live, I assume you live somewhere in the states, but I live in California... And in the DMV driving booklet for CA it specifically says that at least for minors, one may not use a cell phone unless it's an emergency number. I'm sure it applies for adults, and I think adults can use blue tooths even. You must have different laws in your state or have been wreckless. Check out the law wher you live.

You deserve that, because you didn't pull over to make the call. Driving while being on a cellphone is dangerous. I'm surprised the ticket was only $150. I hope you learned your lesson.

cops won't give you a ticket for using your cell phone for reporting a drunk driver or calling emergency services

Krunk 0

Awhile back, I posted my opinion on using a cell phone while driving: http://www.krunk4ever.com/blog/2009/04/10/using-cell-phone-while-driving/