By Nobody - 10/10/2009 12:07 - Singapore

Today, I saw a man lying on the street. He seemed unconscious, so, being a nurse I went over and found he had choked. I removed the object from his throat and used CPR to revive him. My reward? A mouthful of vomit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 662
You deserved it 5 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i think saving a life might be a reward

agree with everyone else. So you had to deal with an unappealing part of your job. I think it's worth it if it means saving someone's life.

Comments

shooter308 0

Next time use his shirt. Put it over his mouth, then do "rescue breathing". It doesn't give a good seal, but it'll do until you can get a mask or EMS shows up. This way, if he pukes, you wont get as much awesomeness as you did. I've seen this... I've done this...

ChronicFAIL 0

Of course. Cover the mouth. That way, when he coughs up whatever was blocking his throat, it can just fall right back down and get stuck again. *******. Genius. o_O

To #89 What do you think happens if they're using a BVM or a pocket mask?

shooter308 0

Alright fucknut, he cleared the airway of the foreign object, then started "CPR" (hopefully only ventilations since it sounds like he as a pulse). The shirt idea comes after securing his airway, you dumb shit. I don't even believe this one anyway. He says he brought him back with "CPR", when it sounds like artificial ventilations where all he did. Not very many people come back after "layperson" CPR, and if someone does say it happened (spontaneous respirations/pulse and fully alert and oriented) they are ******* lying.

I hope that has taught you to carry a pocket mask at all times!

YDI for not knowing how to CPR proprely, if he threw up it's because you sent air in his belly, not in his lungs..

shooter308 0

Totally. Open the airway first.

muffinsareyummy 1

you just saved a man's life. what were you expecting, you selfish bitch? YDI.

atleast you saved him. im sure he is gratefull. and #84 he did not want anything in return. its just that wouldn't you hate having someone elses puke in your mouth? if you dont i think i will have to take what that dude did and do it in the toilet.

wajalama 0

oh well, you were just doing your job, right? Yeah, you would be disgusted, but at least he was grateful towards you for saving his life. Unless he was an asshole. Then, you should have shove that thing back down his throat lol.

ChronicFAIL 0

Perhaps a gay hero.. I rofl at that idea. :D

Well that can happen when your giving CPR. You shouldn't be expecting any reward or anything. Sides if your trained in CPR you should know vomit could come.

That often happens with CPR, you should have expected it. You also should have had something between your mouths. You're a bad nurse.

comadank 0

haven't you heard of body substance isolation