By Nobody - 10/10/2009 12:07 - Singapore

Today, I saw a man lying on the street. He seemed unconscious, so, being a nurse I went over and found he had choked. I removed the object from his throat and used CPR to revive him. My reward? A mouthful of vomit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 662
You deserved it 5 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i think saving a life might be a reward

agree with everyone else. So you had to deal with an unappealing part of your job. I think it's worth it if it means saving someone's life.

Comments

sugarspyce 0

You are a nurse, yet you do not know how to do CPR properly. If you did CPR properly, you wouldn't make him vomit.

stop giving her crap everyone she saved a life and by the way the reward was being able to say i saved a life today.

Maybe next time you'll know to tilt his chin more so less air goes into his stomach causing him to vomit...but you would know that since you're a nurse...well maybe not. Enjoy your vomit. By the way what did he have for lunch?

First: WTF? He was just lying in the street, and nobody cared? Singapore, man... that's a crazy place, if recent FMLs are to be trusted. Second: "I saved a man's life today, FML." is not cool. Don't nurses deal with disgusting things on a daily basis, anyway? Were you gracious enough to overlook the vomit part and focus on the life-saving part, this would be a nice MLIG. ...it'd be funny to see an FML by the guy you saved: "Today, I choked and fell unconscious in the street. A man gave me CPR and saved my life. I now have to live with the fact that a man kissed me. FML."

You probably saved a guy's life. That beats a mouthful of vomit. I mean, I guess you should get yourself checked out to make sure you didn't catch anything, but other than that, I agree with #100. If you KNEW beforehand he would vomit in your mouth, would you still have done mouth-to-mouth or would you have just let him die? I would think you'd have still done mouth-to-mouth. Or at least I hope you would have. So I don't think it's really a big deal.

nanoh_b 0

they teach you in CPR class that this might happen!

i only give cpr to hot girls. i also give PPR too Penis Pulmonary ReAssitation.

Vomit is a common thing when reviving someone with CPR. You should know that as a nurse.

As a nurse you should have known that he.was gonna puke after you gave him CPR