By iplaytwister - 22/10/2009 21:00 - United States

Today, I realized that sometimes I forget to turn off my desk light when I leave the room for dinner. I also learned that said desk light can get hot enough to melt plastic, which is why my brand-new laptop screen was literally oozing onto the table top when I got back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 744
You deserved it 12 857

iplaytwister tells us more.

OP here. Technically this happened almost a year ago, and I wrote the FML from my new(er) laptop, which is a mac. It WAS true, and the desk light was a regular desk light, I had it like 8 inches from the screen (Toshiba laptop), and it melted the plastic all around the corner of my screen and onto my screen. When I rescued it, I could see into the cords and everything inside. so yea.

Top comments

fuckyou1337 0

Errrm what crappy laptop do you have? I don't know of any that would have a plastic screen, and seeing as the internal components of a laptop can get very hot if you are doing something that requires a lot of power, I doubt you would have a lamp that can get your laptop hotter than that and melt it.

How long were you at lunch for? That is a powerful lamp.

Comments

YDI for not going green RRR:) Either you only go on your computer for 10 or something minutes (Which is impossible in todays world) Or You had a 4 hour long dinner... I don't believe this one, but all the posted FMLs lately are from wussies.

Is he supposed to be on his computer 24/7 or something because I leave my laptop open and go do other stuff like watch tv or homework or read a book so...

Is he supposed to be on his computer 24/7? Cause I leave my screen up and watch tv or read a book or something so...

My comments are dumb and wouldn't go through and then both went through the at the same time, that's why I said vaguely the same thing twice

Probably put the wrong wattage bulb in, there are wattage warnings for a reason.

Have you tried using a magnifying glass to set stuff on fire? That's what I would do.

loveisforsuckers 0

i'm calling shenanigans on this one

Bgreat09 0

Thats Bull shit you quear! There is no way that light melted your lap top unless you ment to say fire insted of lamp you **** head!

you shouldn't mistake vulgarity for wit. that's my thing.

How does him writing an FML make him a queer? Seriously bro, you need to reconsider name calling as a replacement for your intelligence. There are better things out there.

It's called electricity. Oil lamps are obsolete now.

I highly doubt that it could melt a laptop. Especially with one isolated incident like that. But those desk lamps can get hot enough to melt plastic. It started to melt my clock once but that was after a long while of it shining down on it.

I had a stand up lamp in my living room that burned a moth to a crisp....there was even a little bit of smoke coming off of it

blah123blah 0

I have a lamp that lights paper on fire after 2 minutes with it on