By JoJo - 17/10/2009 06:26 - United States

Today, I realized that acne is a major side effect of a medication I'm taking. The medication is to help me with my anxiety. The acne is creating more anxiety. And the more anxious I get, the more meds I need. And the more my face breaks out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 064
You deserved it 5 189

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's like saying "it's not the knife sticking out of your chest that's killing you, it's your vulnerability to stab wounds." The dude can care about how he looks if he wants to. Just find a different medication.

Comments

davet 0

Effective, non medication based treatments for anxiety are shown at http://your-mental-health.weebly.com/1.html and page i. Try mixing 1 part of tea tree oil with 19 parts water, and apply a little as a test in an area less easily visible.

May I suggest watching this video "Drugs In Your Head : Foamy The Squirrel" It covers medicinal pot, crack heads and hard stuff, abuse (and I stress abuse) of anti-depressants, and parents who shoves drugs on their kids... and it's outrageous side effects vs. bagel with cream cheese and coffee for the 'caffeine addiction' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nAZi_eUjoU It may not do much in real life, but it'll help ya smile with this rant on how stupid these side effects are when someone is taking meds for the slightest or unnecessary reasons.

Three very simple solutions to your problem: 1) Get a different scrip for anxiety. 2) Keep using the stuff you have and start using Proactiv. 3) Stop caring about the acne. Worse things can happen.

Try Accutane. It will wipe that acne off the face of the earth, and more importantly off the face of you. Side effects may include... anxiety. :P

then stop vein a chickens pussy and start calming yourself downnorndistra ting yourself. .

This obviously isn't the right solution for you. But luckily there are more ways to conquer your fears!

ozymandias_fml 0

Step 1: toss the meds out. Step 2: Act like a big boy (or girl) and grow the **** up.