Irony

By DeepCleanAcne - 02/09/2017 20:00

Today, I found out that my intense acne is actually an allergic reaction to the "deep clean" product I've been using to reduce it. I've been using this product for the past ten years. Ten years of suffering through "acne" could have been easily avoided. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 807
You deserved it 1 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI, but only because after even a year of use, if you don't see results, you should probably change what you're using

i dont know why after so long you didnt stop using it. if my acne wasn't going down, and i was using a product that wasnt providing results after one month, i would find something else. like 10 year of using one product? no results? geez.

Comments

YDI, but only because after even a year of use, if you don't see results, you should probably change what you're using

I would guess maybe the product seemed like it was helping right after use it if it reduced some actual acne before a delayed allergic reaction caused more spots to grow later on.

i dont know why after so long you didnt stop using it. if my acne wasn't going down, and i was using a product that wasnt providing results after one month, i would find something else. like 10 year of using one product? no results? geez.

You deserve it. You should've gone to a dermatologist.

One visit to a dermatologist and they’d have told you to not use that product. (Actually, if you visited any person with an ounce of common sense, they’d tell you that something that hasn’t worked in ten years is unlikely to work anytime soon.)

azouwa 26

Wow. That is dedication. I would of made the choice of switching products when my container was running low.

Lobby_Bee 17

I've never had intense acne, but I would assume if off the counter products didn't work, you would seek professional for help and prescription medication for it.

You HAD to have realized at some point that your remedy wasn't working, correct? This is a complete YDI.

How does that happen? You said you had acne before so you started using it, but then the product was causing the acne, how? Also, allergic reactions are really different from acne, if the lesion pattern changed you should have noticed

It didn't occur to you that your acne medicine wasn't working and was time for a change?

A month? Fine. 6 months? Ok. 10 years? Not ok! When something makes you break out or makes what you are trying to heal worse than you started, that is usually not a good sign. Sure, there are some products that do that before the healing stages happen, but no product will take ten years for it to get better.