By udnrizh - 08/10/2010 02:58 - United States

Today, I got a weird feeling about the account balance in my savings account. Turns out my fiancé has been using my account to order random items whenever he likes. This account is my savings for college tuition and related expenses. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 443
You deserved it 5 361

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you should make him repay you, anyway he shouldn't have access to your college savings account. thats just asking for trouble.

FFML_314 11

There goes the bride. I hope.

Comments

FFML_314 11

There goes the bride. I hope.

Depending on how much keesh we are talkin about this really isn't that bad of an offense to leave the dude. It's always "leave em" or "sue em" on here. If it was a couple hundred get over it... couple grand FYL.

It's a breach of trust, and if one can assume that OPs fiancé knew specifically what that account was for, then that's just...I dunno, he's obviously not marriage material if he's being so inconsiderate.

ydi for giving a spouse access to your money... TROUBLE

Trav72 5

16 - You look so much like someone I know! D:

FFML_314 11

Considering that's the 3rd girl I've seen with that picture, 54, I'm going to assume it's not actually her.

Trav72 5

Oh. Well, the girl in the picture looks like my friend. lol

redrovaa 0
Bloodbathandbeyo 0

57 sounds like you got yourself a first class FML stalker ;)

Eh, I don't necessarily agree, Anna. I've gotta vote NEI on this one. If he didn't have legal access to the account, she should definitely reconsider the marriage. It might even be possible to file ID theft and get the money back that way. If they had already merged bank accounts (a big if, since if they had, she'd have known he wasn't spending his own money on those purchases), it could've been a careless but genuine misunderstanding on his part. Maybe they didn't discuss that the money was going to continue to be set aside for school. Those things should be discussed before a marriage, IMO. Either way, OP should reconsider saving the money in that particular way. Maybe a treasury CD or some other, more restricted account is a wiser idea.

iGrenade 0

take him to court with judge judy

denvan 0

What a douche for using your account. Your dumb for trusting your account information with him. FYL now go work the corner.

teamholcombe 0

Don't you know a woman's place is in the kitchen.

like_its_ya_bday 0
teamholcombe 0
like_its_ya_bday 0

I've been telling my mom the last month to get in the kitchen.. I think she's getting annoyed at it but whatevs. I love saying it

teamholcombe 0

You should tell her not to drive. there isn't a road from the bedroom to the kitchen.

like_its_ya_bday 0

lol I would but she's my ride everywhere :(

hahaha busted. now stop trying to hit on the 10 year old

teamholcombe 0
like_its_ya_bday 0

WTF cgchamp89 go away where did u come from?

teamholcombe 0

Don't you look like a douche #31?? Is that even a picture of you??

like_its_ya_bday 0

ahh ppl like #31 is the exact reason I stop coming on here. annoying ppl who try and act like a troll bc they think it's cool

like_its_ya_bday 0

I'm not offended? and I said try and act like one. he's not good enough to be one.

kind of ironic isn't it, shouldn't YOU be in the kitchen. now go make me a sammich

teamholcombe 0
names091890 0

you should make him repay you, anyway he shouldn't have access to your college savings account. thats just asking for trouble.

it's called sharing lol I'm sure in your life time you will take more then him.. 80% if you get divorced lol

I don't think someone should have to share their college savings with someone else who is just gonna buy random crap with it.

FFML_314 11

Sharing? Is that a new word for stealing? And what is wrong with all the people discussing about the amount of stolen money? That matters, but not that much in this case. It's not that important whether her fiance stole 20 or 200 dollars, the real issue is him stealing money. Nobody wants a thief as fiance. With reason.

Why you have to give him access to your saving account? You know what? Buy a life insurance of 1 million dollars and let’s bet on your life expectancy.

because it is absolutely a STUPID idea to have your finances separate when you are getting married. it just leads to problems, because nothing is "ours", it's "yours and mine." yes, having a separate savings account strictly for her college fund is great, but there is no reason that she shouldn't have entrusted her soon-to-be-husband with the information to the savings account, especially if he had planned on helping her, which is usually what spouses do when it comes to money. there was either a misunderstanding on their part, as OP not explaining to him what the money was being used for, or he was a untrustworthy ass who used the money for selfish reasons. if it's the latter, then i really hope she booted him out the door.

starberries 0

#89, just because it doesn't make sense for you doesn't mean it's stupid. Don't be such a bitch.