By wat_dafuq_bro - 06/05/2013 06:06

Today, I ran into my ex-girlfriend. Being the mature one, I went up to her and said, "Hey, how's it going?" She maced me and kept walking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 488
You deserved it 11 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Really? She hit you with a mace? Where does one buy a big spiked iron ball on a stick these days? I could really use one.

You should put her number on Craigslist

Comments

Tried the same thing once with my ex. Screamed and created a scene like I was trying to rape her.

Your ex seems to be the sadistic type. Try to avoid her from now on...

While that's a wild over action and technically its assault, I have to ask you why you went up to her in the first place. The way you stated it you could have just ignored her presence and avoided any sort of interaction. Assuming you should have known she had no interest in interacting with you, that would have been the more mature option.

It should be illegal to walk around with mace, because I have heard so many stories of misuse and this has to top the list. Still, I find it weird that you would go up to her, just throw her a casual nod and be on your way.

It's good to see doc bastard again... But anyway...hard feelings don't die easy no matter the circumstances she's your ex for a reason...my run ins with my ex's don't go that well either..,

carminecris89 13

Saying passive aggressive things like "being the mature one" makes me think you are probably not the nicest guy alive. I'm betting there's more to this story, or that your overly high opinion of your self is only a small indicator of what a shitty boyfriend you were. YDI.

Maybe he's just upset because he got friggin' pepper sprayed. I would've been upset, too.

ileenefudge 29

I have to agree with 78 because we don't know the whole story and because of how it was written. When I broke up with my sons dad he told bits and pieces to make it seem like I did him wrong even though he was the one who cheated on me, but it was my fault for kicking him out apparently. What if OP was a bad boyfriend and she still holds resentment, and he's only telling enough to make it seem like she's the only one who was in the wrong(obviously she was outa line with the pepper spray) during the relationship? But on the other hand if she is that crazy and this is the whole story, than I'd stay away from her and just keep to myself when she comes around.

Because guys always do something to deserve it. Women never are psychotically violent at all. (And I doubt any of you would say "she deserved it" if it was him macing her and she was tyrranically abusive in their relationship)

ileenefudge 29

No guys are not always the reason. Girls can and are psychotic sometimes and obliviously there are many that would say in that seance he is still the one who messed up but there are still people out there who would still put judgement on the ex girlfriend. I for one was not trying to take sides with his ex, but I also feel like there might be a little more to the story than is being told. It would help if OP replied on this one to clarify since you can't always tell the full story when writing an FML.

BradTheBrony 19

He doesn't mean exactly what he said. What he meant was: "You guys wouldn't say she deserved it if it was her getting pepper sprayed and you didn't know the whole story." And it's true, don't try to deny it. That NEVER happens with girls. Only when a guy is assaulted by their ex do you idiots just assume the worst. And anyways, you're COMPLETELY going against what you just said by saying "Oh, we don't know the whole story, so don't assume anything and vote based on that. Now, I'ma assume the worst and vote based on that." and for that, I ******* despise you.

Quiet_one 22

Unless it was a clearly amicable break up (as in, you both mutually agreed it was for the best), you should just assume she doesn't want to talk to you. Macing you is a big overreaction, but did you really expect her to want to make small talk? I don't know what I would have done if my ex had tried to talk to me in the weeks following our break up, but it wouldn't have been pretty. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have assaulted him (physically), but I guarantee I wouldn't have been nice or even civil. Rejection brings out an ugly side to people. YDI, you should have known better and left her alone.

Quiet_one 22

To clarify, I don't think you deserved the mace (that's crazy and stupid no matter how angry she is), but if you were smart you would have just nodded at her from a reasonable distance, said "hi" and kept going, or better yet just ignored her completely.

InvisibleMonster_fml 16

You should've just kept on walking.

They broke up for a reason, what does he have to gain by talking to her? Yep, just keep on walking.

Don't skip out on child support next time.

blackrose84 4

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or just misread the FML.