By wat_dafuq_bro - 06/05/2013 06:06

Today, I ran into my ex-girlfriend. Being the mature one, I went up to her and said, "Hey, how's it going?" She maced me and kept walking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 488
You deserved it 11 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Really? She hit you with a mace? Where does one buy a big spiked iron ball on a stick these days? I could really use one.

You should put her number on Craigslist

Comments

I see why she is an ex. Don't ever speak to her again?

I have a feeling from her reaction it was you that broke up with her and you didn't in a mean way. Wish we had mace in nz I'd love to mace my ex if he ever deared to come near me

BradTheBrony 19

READ AN ENGLISH TEXTBOOK BEFORE I CLAW MY ******* EYES OUT. THIS IS PAINFUL TO READ.

Karma will get her back for being an evil idiot .

I find it pretty sad it took over 50 comments to finally see someone bring this up. Hopefully OP did report her for it because that's a bitch move on her part, & it's assault. Pepper spray is for safety purposes only. When someone uses it they have to run away & report it or you can get charged for assault. No body deserves to be maced at whim, this is definitely not a YDI if OP was being civil.

Chelseam2 4

I think macing someone for no reason is illegal.

Quiet_one 22

It is, and he has every right to press charges. That said, I wonder why her extreme anger is a surprise to OP. Breaking up tends to create a lot of hard feelings. This doesn't in any way excuse physical assault (obviously the ex-gf is more wrong than the OP here), but anger is a fairly standard reaction to rejection, and even if she wasn't crazy chances are she still wouldn't want to talk to him.

I find it amusing how many people are making excuses for the ex committing assault. "He did something to deserve it!" How about people realize this is sexist bullshit. Would you accept the reverse sotuation? He sees her, she says hi, and he maces her? Mace/pepper spray is not just a little burn. Most people who have it happen describe it like spraying something hotter than habanero juice into your eyes. It's insanely painful and can cause permanent damage if too much is used. This is assault, plain and simple, and I'm disappointed so many people find it amusing because a woman is doing it to a man. We have no idea what their history is. What if she's abusive? What if she has paychological issues. The guy in a relationship doesn't "deserve it" for simply having a penis.

BradTheBrony 19

Thank you, for Christ's sake, some COMMON SENSE. And the worst part is, their motto seems to be, "Never assume anything but the worst if it's a man, but say that you aren't assuming anything to make yourself seem smart." Moral: It's possible to be sexist to men, and racist to caucasians while we're still on the subject. Stop assuming it isn't.

hatemyluck 15

But why would OP talk to her if she was abusive?

This may not be a situation of maturity.It all really depends on how it ended and whom ended it

Looks like it's time for some assault charges