By BriarFace - 29/03/2016 01:56 - United States - Springfield

Today, I put up a sign asking motorcyclists to slow down near horses, as the noise can spook them. While I was riding near the sign, a biker slowed to read it, looked at me, then revved his engine loudly and raced off. My horse bucked me off into some brambles and bolted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 975
You deserved it 2 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Assholes are everywhere, some of them ride motorcycles.

Roskosity 22

That really sucks. It takes a while to desensitize horses to that kind of noise and after a spook like that I'm sure it will be much harder.

Comments

Well learn to ride, put them heals down and sit deap in the saddle.

Yes, yes, yes! Staying on a horse that is spooked, shying, bucking, or bolting is just part of being a competent rider. If you can't manage that, stay in the practice ring.

brocho 26

Oh yeah, because I'm sure you ride perfectly all the time, even with an unexpected spook, right? Get off your high horse.

brocho 26

#74 Yes, it is a very good skill to have to be able to stay on in those events, but horses are unpredictable and your body isn't always ready for what they do. Accidents happen. That's like saying if someone runs a stop sign and you aren't able to stop in time to keep from hitting them that you're not a capable driver.

First off, motorcycles are loud. If you are paying any attention at all, you will know they are coming before they pass by you and your animal. So, if you actually, know your animal, you should be prepared to handle the situation.

Secondly, I spent a lot of my teen years helping train and break out horses. So, yes, I can stay on in almost any situation. But the times I am thrown, I own my mistakes and lack of skill rather than blaming them on outside factors. My animal, my responsibility.

While you don't deserve it, you should have expected it. People are jerks - and asking them not to do something is the best way to ensure they do it.

that is so dangerous! as a rider myself, I understand your FML completely!! motorists are sometimes very inconsiderate to riders and race by! they don't realize how bad a situation can become when a 1500lb animal is unpredictable! it could be a plastic bag that is obviously trying to kill you, but no! it's a car that actually can! I'm sorry OP! I'm sure in the midst of the incident you didn't have a chance to get his license plate to report him! but that's nearly the only way to get through to people like that!

Seriously! Don't most people acclimate their horses before they go out on the road? It seems the horse could have used a little more yard work before going out.

That is so ****** Up. Hardly anyone realizes that you are riding a prey animal. But because I'm an equestrian, and this is the most important part, is your horse OK?

You'd be surprised how many people don't do that. If you want to have a safe ride, you got to get your horse used to those things. Also it helps build their confidence

TheFeels 16

Your Horses: *hears spooky engine* 3spooky5me Your Horses: *Freaks the **** out*

My horse is fine with motorcycles, but terrified of bicycles.

Dwarfson 3

I would've been happy that in the process of the horse bolting that it ran down the biker...