By BriarFace - 29/03/2016 01:56 - United States - Springfield

Today, I put up a sign asking motorcyclists to slow down near horses, as the noise can spook them. While I was riding near the sign, a biker slowed to read it, looked at me, then revved his engine loudly and raced off. My horse bucked me off into some brambles and bolted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 975
You deserved it 2 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Assholes are everywhere, some of them ride motorcycles.

Roskosity 22

That really sucks. It takes a while to desensitize horses to that kind of noise and after a spook like that I'm sure it will be much harder.

Comments

Bikers should be the most sympathetic considering how many car drivers are dicks to bikers! Hope you're ok op.

Ride with a camera to catch evidence and license plates. Legally you have to slow down

Never heard of that before. probably only in your area.

if it was me I put a camera up near the sign that way some motorcyclists will slow down not to get in trouble and to have proof for the jerk offs who still do that crap

My horse had the same problem, just try and get you horse used to it. I just road around my horses yard.

I honestly can't stand people who do that crap. Yes, a horse should be able to handle the road, but actual exposure has to happen some time and even the steadiest horse can be startled. I think the problem is that most people aren't around horses and don't understand just how dangerous they are. You would think bikers would understand after being treated poorly by cars, but most motorists of any kind are pushy with horses. Not only did they put you in danger when your horse dumped you, but the result was also a loose horse that could have ended in a dead or injured horse after being hit and potentially killing other people. Hitting a horse with your car is very dangerous.

blueyekai 17

You could say he was kind of an... *ass*!!!

Like in that one episode of South Park, bikers are fags. This story does nothing but prove it.

RA91 26

It's an asshat move like that that makes people dislike motorcyclist. Even the ones that don't do shit like that -_-

Quiet_one 22

That guy is an idiot. A spooked horse could kill or seriously injure the rider, and if it runs off and gets hit by a car there's no telling how bad the damage will be, to the horse, people in the car, the car itself... I hope OP and her horse are ok and that the next time that guy pulls some dumbass move he only puts himself in danger.

I used to have a horse, who once she got over her fear of motorcycles (and motorized dirtbikes), realized that she could try to race them!! Unrelated to that, she and I did get hit by a car (she uncharacteristically spooked at something else and ran into the road)-- she had a scrape and a bruise, I broke my leg really badly, and the car's windshield shattered.