By Jess - 30/05/2009 12:48 - United States

Today, I overheard my 5 year old daughter call a girl in her dance class a slut. Shocked, I asked her where she heard that word. Her response: "I heard you and Daddy say it about her Mommy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 366
You deserved it 71 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah YDI for talking like that around your 5 year old

Why are you bad-mouthing people like that at all, let alone in front of a five-year-old? Really, it says more about your own insecurities...

Comments

kellster 2

Major parenting fail. Congratulations.

vag_fml 0

serious parenting fail. man, you win judgemental douche of the year. and taught your little girl to call other women *****. good job!

Ibeapirate 0

Karma, thy name is children. There's a lesson to be learned here, for both you and your kid.

YDI and your daughter will be a bitch when she's older.

cxal_fml 0

If you thought the word was inappropriate than why are you using it?????

LoL!! That's funny I can see my kid doing that...

#44: that's like asking "but what if someone is was a ******?" How many people someone sleeps with is morally irrelevant, and judging someone for it is doubly bad if you're applying the double standard, which is usually implied by the use of the word "****." YDI.

This is both an FML and a YDI. It's a YDI becayse you should never talk in front of your kids, especially when it involves swear words/adult subjects. It's also an FML because there is no parent in the world who has not been in this position before- we forget how much kids observe.

I once exclaimed "son of a bitch!" to my paternal grandmother after losing a game of go-fish when I was 5. I learned that phrase from my father, so definitely watch what you say around your kids xD