By EnemyofKarma - 04/03/2010 08:52 - Canada

Today, I marched into my workplace yelling "take this job and shove it", under the impression I would be on a flight in a few days out of here. However, the airline has informed me I cannot fly until April because cargo is too cold for my dog this time of year. Jobless, four weeks to wait. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 272
You deserved it 37 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the hell would you ever want to leave under bad pretenses? I always try to leave my former employers on great terms so that I can still use them as references later on.

eat_this_buddie 5

lame. that's why you should try and not burn bridges. if you had handled it a little better, you could've kept your job for the next four weeks

Comments

Actually, we hire from mostly small (less than 100) companies all the time and you can usually talk to an applicants supervisor. The smart ones won't say much but they will give you hints.

The OP is in the Northwest Territories; some communities there can only be reached by plane. Consequently, the only shipping that can be done, is also by plane.

goldspeck 0

well sorry I gotta say ydi for 1- not giving them reasonable notice (in which case you probably could have explained the situation and they'd let u stay until you had to leave) and 2- whining about in on fml. instead go out and be productive you have 4 weeks off! excersize take up a hobby take your dog somewhere. geez.

Oh, I know they do. They definitely find ways around it. It's just illegal to come out and say why they were fired or if they were fired. Well, I guess it's illegal if the applicant finds out, lol.

this is a fail cause it's fake there is never a period where animals can't fly. it's always freezing in the air. 2 degrees celcius colder for every 1000 feet in altitude.

you're so ignorant. you shouldn't comment about things you don't know about. of course you can fly your pets!!! they have special cargo areas in the plane where the air pressure, temperature, and oxygen levels are controlled. it's the same environment as the cabin. they restrict flying pets in colder weather only because outside temperatures are low when you're on the ground and they can't guarantee that transfer between plane

that got cut off...pets can't be exposed to outside temps less than 4C for more than 15mins. and they can't guarantee that the transfer from plane to airport would be less than 15mins that's why they restrict flying pets in winter and summer.

I'm in the aviation feild so don't tell me to not comment on things I don't know about. just look online there's year round flying for pets. yes u are right about temputure ristrictions but as for a spefic time in April when it will be ok that is fake. and the low restriction is about 10 degrees farhinhiet. so please don't respond about things u don't know about.

I see she's from Canada tho so yes she probably couldn't fly at that day so she just has to hope for warmer weather soon. I'm from long island and we don't usually have to restrict pets cause although we got pounded with snow pets still were on all those flights cause it wasn't below 10F.

and I know pets can fly that's y I said "there's NEVER a period when pets CAN'T fly." meaning pets fly year round. I know ur not in the avaition field cause u can't even read properly.

lmao quasispecies for commenting back but failing to read. FAIL!

you're such a dumbass. yes, there's never a period when pets can't fly EXCEPT when it's too cold outside!!! what was the point of your 1Deg/1000ft argument, btw??? I'm not in aviation. but I'm not American either (as I'm sure u are coz u're such a cocky little dumbfuck) hahaha:)

I live in Canada, and I work for one of the major Passenger Airlines. Here's the deal on pets in cargo: The air is circulated from the cabin and generally it is only a few degrees cooler in there then it is in the cabin. However, there are extreme circumstances where that is different, and this time of the year in the Northwest Territories would be one of them. We don't have any specific embargos for cold, but we also don't fly in the NWT. We also reserve the right to say last minute that it is too cold and we will not allow pets in the hold for the safety of the animal. It might interest you to know this works the other way around too - there are certain times of the year we don't allow pets in the hold to certain places because it is too hot.

Honestly, I don't think you guys even know what you're arguing anymore.

well i think that Conan was a lot better than Leno!!!!

It's terrifying that someone as illiterate as you is flying.

xxreikoxx 31

The majority of you are utterly ridiculous for arguing about this at all - I'd like to think of your maturity age as somewhat higher than that of the OP's but, then again, I can see that I'm wrong, and so is the OP.

Of course we lie like hell to get rid of guys too. Bob? Oh ya, what a guy, I don't think we could ever replace him when he goes.

Gobsnoglin 0

Newsflash ay.....It is cold in Canada this time of year, ya hoser.

uhhmm. u have to read the FML again. he said he had to wait for April (when it's warmer, and a month from now) because right now it's too cold to fly pets but not in April. oh dear. I do hope by you being in aviation field you mean a baggage handler because I wouldn't want you touching any of the plane's components.

It's spelled Eh, not ay. :P Oh and to #61 - if they have an embargo period, they have to have the date set for sometime. So if their date is set for April 1 for example, and it's March 1 that this happened, he has 4 weeks to wait. It might not be a huge difference in temp between now and then, but if the airline has that date set as a rule, it's not like they're going to bend it for him.

wow way to fail again. if u actually read it and please try to keep up she said she couldn't because CARGO was to cold, the 2C per 1000ft is an explanation meaning that it makes no difference whether its warm or cold on the ground cause its always freezing in the air. She was not referring to ur little outside transfer temperatures, even tho that is the reason for her delay. And yes we all know the cargo is heated but she did not. And ya i can tell your not from america, you dont know s%$#. (and im ATC making more $$$ than u) =p

Take this job and shove it I ain't working here no more My woman done left and took all the reasons I was working for You better not try to stand in my way As I'm a walking out the door. Take this job and shove it I ain't working here no more

well that's ur fault just sell some stuff to make money

that's y u say shit on the day of u leave or if u can't make it, the day b4