By EnemyofKarma - 04/03/2010 08:52 - Canada

Today, I marched into my workplace yelling "take this job and shove it", under the impression I would be on a flight in a few days out of here. However, the airline has informed me I cannot fly until April because cargo is too cold for my dog this time of year. Jobless, four weeks to wait. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 272
You deserved it 37 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the hell would you ever want to leave under bad pretenses? I always try to leave my former employers on great terms so that I can still use them as references later on.

eat_this_buddie 5

lame. that's why you should try and not burn bridges. if you had handled it a little better, you could've kept your job for the next four weeks

Comments

TheDaveCA 1

In many places it's not illegal to provide a reference as long as you're honest -- however, it's easier to avoid getting sued if you limit what you say. The thing about getting sued is that it's expensive even if you win. However, "Will not re-hire" is usually all you need to say.

perfectnothing 0

Are there? You might not understand this but the OP could be in a remote community in NWT which would make it impossible to travel out of the area except by plane.

When I say 'plane' in my previous comments I mean a small plane, not a big passenger plane. There are airfields all over NWT but they aren't exactly landing 747s unless you are in the big 'city'. Consider this, the population of the biggest city, Yellowknife, is around 19,000. NWT's entire population is only around 42,000.

Never burn bridges... that being said, I hope wherever you are headed next works out better.

BreeZ33 0

ydi for getting yourself fired!

xxreikoxx 31

He didn't get fired - he quit. Read the FML again.

jellyfishdelight 0
DeMontreal_fml 0

She's in the Canadian Northwest Territory, which are located near the artic. I'm not even sure that they are road for car over there. People usually use snowmobile up there.