By Ditzyfitzy - 09/01/2019 14:00

Today, after spending 2 years saving for my flights, I was denied boarding due to issues with my passport. I heading straight to the embassy only to be told a replacement will take 8 days. The airline will only hold my place for 7. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 643
You deserved it 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't you exchange your flight and depart a couple days later? Also I'm curious to know what type of issues you had? Was the expiration date too close?

And this is why we don’t use our passports as dog chew toys!

Comments

Can't you exchange your flight and depart a couple days later? Also I'm curious to know what type of issues you had? Was the expiration date too close?

And this is why we don’t use our passports as dog chew toys!

TeacherTeacher 11

Ask the embassy if they can call the airline for you. They may be able to work something out.

What country do you live in? If you're going to an embassy doesn't that mean you are already abroad? If in the US and a US citizen, there are more places than the embassy to get a new passport. If you show imminent departure tickets and are coolly panicking they will expedite it. Although I'm not sure how the gov't shutdown will be affecting them right now.

eek! But all may not be lost; often when they say "X" they mean "up to X", so it could - possibly - arrive in time. Or talk to the airline about going on the standby list.

Show up at the embassy every single day—to the point where they’re sick of seeing you. I bet you get a passport before 7 days.