By wellthisisbad - 29/02/2016 12:27 - United States - Boynton Beach

Today, I learned that not only am I pregnant, I'm too far along for an abortion. My husband and I originally bonded over the fact that we both hate children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 694
You deserved it 29 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CaptainHonor 15

Adoption. Then get yourselves fixed so you don't have another accident.

Comments

chessu 21

I can't believe how many comments there are about 'YDI cause you didn't use protection'. If the OP and her husband are dead-set not on not ever having children, I'd say it is quite likely that they have also taken steps to avoid it. Why would you even assume they wouldn't? As it's been said multiple times already - condoms, pills and whatever else methods are never 100% bulletproof and can fail. And really - if your husband had had vasectomy for example, would you REALLY think about having a pregnancy test every month? Especially if there's no symptoms, which I assume the OP didn't have. Yes, if they were so against, she probably should've done it anyway just to be safe, but it's far from being a reason to say she deserved it! OP, not everyone wants kids and the people calling you selfish for it are the selfish ones. Don't listen to them! It's your body, your life and your choices! If termination is not an option anymore then I guess you have a couple of months to decide whether you think you could change your mind about having a kid or whether adoption is the way to go for you (nothing to be ashamed about!). I'm just sorry you're now put into the position of having to make this decision in the first place and are forced to carry it through. I'm sure part of not wanting kids was also avoiding the nine months of pregnancy. Best of luck!

mariri9206 32

This comment! Yes! So many rude and YDI comments and I don't understand. She doesn't deserve it. No one deserves this. If she (and her husband) both don't like kids and have no desire for kids, they shouldn't have to have them and they should not be judged for their decision. And a majority of the comments are "YDI for not using birth control!" and I'm like "how do you know if or what kind or how many types of birth control they use? Were you there when they had sex? And, oh, yeah, cause birth control can NEVER fail!" It feels like most people have no idea about the statistics of birth control failing and the ones that are like "You should have just gotten your tubes tied!" clearly have no idea that finding a doctor to tie your tubes when you're so "young" won't do it because they think they know you and your wants/desires better than you know yourself and know your desires better than you. They seem convinced you'll definitely change your mind and want to have kids later and they don't want to be on the line or blamed for it IF you change your mind. So much hate and judgement for the OP and it's a shame.

why the heck weren't you on birth control and using condoms ydi! no baby is a mistake give that angel to a family who wants him/her.... smdh.

What about babies that grow up to be serial killers? Or mass murderers? Or the next Trump? Not everyone wants kids and not everyone should have kids.

Number of people that have cured cancer or AIDS: 0 Number of United States presidents: 44 Number of registered sex offenders in USA: 400,000+ What if it's a bad guy? To be safe, we should abort every little miracle.

i agree with #235. down with all babies! puppies for all instead!

Where did it say they didn't use any birth control..?

mariri9206 32

Were you there? How TF do you know whether or not they used birth control?

#235 and #292.... WTF is wrong with yall?!

Maybe a lot of doctors won't do tube tying for a younger woman but I doubt most men would run into that problem and a vasectomy is easier.

I'm not going to lecture about birth control or lack of because, quite frankly, not a single one of us knows if OP and her husband were or were not using it. However, I will say this: OP, you don't want children and you're very much aware of this. Since you're too far along to abort, why not carry to full term then place the baby for adoption? There are many families out there who can't conceive and who would LOVE to adopt the baby. Just a thought.

brocho 26

You should've used protection. If used correctly, you have very little chances of becoming pregnant, and especially if you double that with condoms or if you get a hysterectomy or your husband gets a vasectomy, or both of you get yourselves "fixed". It's really not extremely hard to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, although sometimes they do happen. Please consider adoption.

askullnamedbilly 33

Ahahaha you seriously think any doctor would do a HYSTERECTOMY on a healthy patient? Just... open her up and cut out a completely healthy organ? Maybe you're the one who needs to go read up on birth control methods again. If you're too lazy, here it goes: With ANY birth control method that doesn't permanently remove your reproductive organs, there's a failure rate. That even includes tube tying (which most doctors won't do to young, childless women) and vasectomies. If you double up, there's a failure rate. If her tubes are tied and she's taking the pill AND he has a vasectomy and uses a condom, there is STILL a failure rate. Statistics are a bitch, and some people get pregnant even though they tried their damnedest not to.

A hysterectomy..?!! I think you mean a tubal ligation. They tie the tubes, they only remove your entire uterus if there is a medical issue that warrants it. And doctors typically won't tie your tubes or do a vasectomy if you're "young" (usually under 30 but pretty much depends on the doctor's discretion).

brocho 26

Sorry, wrong word. Yes, I meant tube-tying. And I get that there is no 100% prevention, but to be honest, usually unplanned pregnancies do stem from people who didn't do everything they could. Of course that does not mean that that's ALWAYS the case, but most of the time it is.

Phil__McHawk 1

There is nothing wrong with abortion. It's better than being raised by parents who can't afford a good life for you or who didn't even want you in the first place. This world is already overpopulated and we don't need anymore idiots in this world raised by bigger idiots who don't know how to use a condom.

I think it is hilarious how everyone assumes people who hate kids would not be doing everything in their power to not get pregnant.

well. you should have been more careful. he a vasectomy or you get a insert. That's on you guys. BUT being someone who hated children when I was younger and was contemplating not having them either I'll tell you they are awesome. I now have 3 of mine 4 step and am pregnant with our 2nd. it's crazy. children are nuts. but they are alot of fun. and no one will love you more. and you will never know what true love is until you have a baby. good luck Mama. all will be well. just be a team. you got this!!

"You'll never know true love until you have a baby." Bullshit. I just read a story about a woman whose child died due to her negligence. Left her toddler home alone and the child died because of a fire. "True love", my foot! "No one will love you more." Google "I hate my parents".

How much your child loves you depends on how you treat your child. It does not depend on the fact that it happens to be your child. Most children aren't going to love an abusive or negligent parent. And if OP is dead-set on not wanting children, you can believe that her kids might not be thrilled with her either. If I made a list of my favorite people, my mother wouldn't crack the top ten. Not that she's a horrible person or was abusive, but...meh. There are other people I like more.

SamMu 16

Sorry OP, at this point adoption seems to be the only option. Me and my girlfriend also are less than fond of children, I would get a vasectomy but there's always the chance I/we could change our minds. Just be vigilant on birth control and probably occasional pregnancy tests from here on out. Best of luck to you :)

You can always bank enough sperm for several kids and then get one so you still have the option.