By Anonymous - 12/09/2009 21:19 - United States

Today, I ignored my cat's incessant meowing, and pushed him away every time he wanted to be petted. The next time I walked downstairs I found him dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 660
You deserved it 96 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it's more like your cat's FML "Today i was dying and i was trying to say goodbye to my owner, she just ignored me. FML"

Comments

deathburger13 0

I feel bad for you, but YTDI. I clicked both fML and YDI.

what does YTDI stand for? i know YDI is you deserve it, but never heard YTDI before.

Aoife 0

You Totally Deserve It. I think...

deathburger13 0

Why did you even ignore your cat? Because you were having a bad day? Your cat's day was about a million times worse.

So? If it was a member of your family would you say, "It's just a person"?

Aoife 0

There're two problems with that. If a person had something wrong with him/her, he/she would SAY something's wrong. And as many people have said, cats take care of themselves for the most part, so it's not at all comparable to, say, a baby, or a small child. And even small children, sometimes, must be told "Not right now" or "I'll help you later" unless it's something serious. OP didn't know it was serious, probably thought the cat just wanted attention and was too busy to shower it with loving attention. It's not her fault. FYL. God, people, you say she's an emotionless monster, but you have absolutely no compassion if you're tearing at her for something she couldn't have prevented, something she obviously feels bad about. So **** off.

#102 if your infant child is showing obvious signs of distress, do you ignore them because they "should speak" and wait until they die? Or do you check if there's something wrong with them? You know, it happens more often than you'd think, horribly enough.

Cats =/= People. It's people like you that really annoy me. People like you think Obama should supply free vet care, right? And that animal abuse/neglect that results in a death should be punishable by a life sentence or something, right? Animals are not equal to people.

baby's cry for no apparent reason it is when they don't cry that you have to see if they are chocking or something. also cats are totally independent they don't need people, unlike baby's who do need constant attention

NotNegativeNews 0

Most of the replies here are just evidence of the logic and intelligence of most fmylife commenters. The cat was being annoying. Don't tell me that you've never pushed away your pet if you're busy and they're just coming up and being whiny and nagging for pats all the time. How was she supposed to know it was dying? It is absolutely no indication of neglect, or that she would abuse a child or not be able to look after a child or another pet.

... Why bother having a pet if you are not willing to care for it.

Aoife 0

Hell, once my dog wanted attention, and I was busy, so I pushed him away. 'Bout two hours later, my sisters took him for a walk, and he got hit by a car. It's along the same lines. Maybe something was already wrong with the cat, but she didn't know he was going to die, and she very possibly wishes she could go back and spend the last few minutes with her cat. She didn't KNOW, she can't be blamed.

She didn't know, because she didn't bother to check. Cats don't magically up and die. He was sick, she didn't care enough to find out, he died, she found it funny enough to post it on a comical site. She's a bitch, and the cat's life is over. I don't see why you defend someone who found this tragic event funny enough to post on a comical site. Se has no respect for the cats' life.

so what are you gonna do ask it how it is feeling, and animals do just magically die, you can kill a rabbit with just a loud noise though this is a cat so it probinaly had a heart attack

ohmygoodness I almost cried here! I'm so so sorry! I'm a cat owner myself, and sometimes he meows constantly for no reason. Do I usually care? No. If the meows sound weak or forced, THAT'S the time to get worried. FYL indeed.

Good job, when my cat kicks up a fuss I punch her square in the jaw.

LikelyYourFake 0