By Anonymous - 12/09/2009 21:19 - United States

Today, I ignored my cat's incessant meowing, and pushed him away every time he wanted to be petted. The next time I walked downstairs I found him dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 660
You deserved it 96 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it's more like your cat's FML "Today i was dying and i was trying to say goodbye to my owner, she just ignored me. FML"

Comments

I have to call fake on this one. If it's real, then FYL, but it just seems like you would have heard something... At least a difference in meow

Neoswords 0

Cats don't make odd mews a lot when there sick or hurt.They may seem fine,then,a few hours later when everyone is at work or school,the cat may die.You may think everything is fine,but you will never know unless your a vet.Or really smart.Or know a lot about about cats.

Neoswords, having a cat and caring makes that someone can tell the difference between a random "give me attention" mew and an anguished "I need help" one. If you can't tell them apart at all, and it's your cat, then it means you don't care enough, or by now you'd know the difference.

Neoswords 0

for the 3rd or 4 time,I love my cats more than myself.I really care for them.Its just that my cat mews sadly alot when she wants to go outside.

No one deserves that. Seriously. We've all done this to our pets at one point, whether we're busy or just in an irritable mood. The OP will have to live with the hurt, guilt and regret for years and years to come, and she has my absolute and utmost sympathy. Virtual hugs coming your way, OP.

painandpeace 0

One question..... How was the OP supposed to know that the cat was in any sort of pain just by hearing it meow. That could easily mean a whole set of things: The cat could be in heat(unless it's spayed), want to play, etc. Most of the time cats want to be pet and it's very annoying. Is the OP a horrible or neglectful person because she wasn't in the mood to play? No. It means she's human. There are times that we don't wanna be bothered.

An anguished "help my, I'm dying" mew sounds very different from "hey, give me tuna!" mews.

friscobuff 0

YDI FOR HAVING AN OLD SMELLY CAT!

ydi u stupid dumbass if ur gonna own a cat, at least care of it

This happened to me too with my first baby. That's next OP's story...

I'm not sure if all cats apply, but mine gives off a different meow when she's scared... or if something's wrong.

The others do to. The people claiming they can't tell are just too insensitive to care or check what's wrong with their cat in the first place. Like the OP...

oh and friscobuff, ur a rude idiot. I don't like dogs but u don't see me bitching off about them.