Weird timing

By Anonymous - 17/02/2013 22:44 - Hungary - Szeged

Today, while at church, I received a text from my girlfriend, saying, "It's not working. We're over." Not only was my phone not on silent mode, I was sitting directly beside my now ex-girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 909
You deserved it 4 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh jeez. The text message breakup. The indicator that no matter what, you're better off without them. Unless you're physically abusive, and they're better off without you.

Why in the world would she think that is the appropriate time or place to do that? Maybe you're better off without her.

Comments

Oh jeez. The text message breakup. The indicator that no matter what, you're better off without them. Unless you're physically abusive, and they're better off without you.

Or mentally, or a cheater, or a liar, or just a straight up deuchebag. The possibilities are endless.

She did this in church so OP wouldn't make a scene.

Yeah those too. Sorry, wrote that comment on the fly and didn't give it enough thought.

The now ex-girlfriend could have waited 'til church was over and said it to OP's face. Unless she feared for her life, there is no reason for her to do it via a text. It's not classy. Damn, people don't have manners anymore.

Since she dumped him in church even god can see she's a bitch.

My guess is that he is physically abusive, he wouldn't beat her in church.

10showgirl 16

If he was physically abusive, she wouldn't have said it while she was right beside him in church. Abusive people aren't logical.

So if it's long distance the person can't do it over text? What if they can't call or skype or see them for awhile? What then?

Why in the world would she think that is the appropriate time or place to do that? Maybe you're better off without her.

rockaroths 15

Maybe? I think it's safe to say he is way better without her.

kaycol 8

It's a place she can do it and be sure he doesn't cause a scene

Safe may be just what she had in mind. She took to sanctuary, literally.

Shadow_Phantom 26

Na, she's better off without somebody who actually goes to church.

oj101 33

They can both repent their sins and part ways with a clear conscience.

Yeah I hate when people text message break up, they just dont have the guts to break up with you face to face

Yeah I actually remember someone in college trying to suggest once that breaking up via text is some indication of how we move so much faster nowadays. Like hell it is! It's nothing more than a way to break up where you don't have to actually be an adult and tell it straight to them. People have been looking for ways to do that for years. This has just become the easiest way to be a coward currently available.

That wasn't very Christian (or insert appropriate religion here) of her

I understand the obvious connection to religion being they are in church, but. im gonna take it a step further and say she just wasnt being a very good person period! they didnt need for it to be in church for it to be a dick move.

I can't believe she took out her phone and texted you during church and while sitting next to you.

Thanks for summing up the fml. I didn't understand it the way op had said it.

caypride 5

Why would she text you that while sitting right beside you? Way to make things as awkward as possible

stevenJB 25
Nightonfire9 3

She is a twit. Not because she couldnt wait to text you later, not because she committed.the text breakup, and not because its in church. She couldnt simply say it to your face since she was right next to you? Better off indeed

You should've stood up and prayed for her in front of everybody