By Anonymous - 12/09/2009 21:19 - United States

Today, I ignored my cat's incessant meowing, and pushed him away every time he wanted to be petted. The next time I walked downstairs I found him dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 660
You deserved it 96 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it's more like your cat's FML "Today i was dying and i was trying to say goodbye to my owner, she just ignored me. FML"

Comments

phuresh2death 0

ytdi omg thats so cruel poor thing. i advise you to not have kids in the future.

Neoswords 0

for the 3rd time,I got this from meet the heavy."Maybe.Maybe."-Heavy.

Never get a pet again, it's clear that you can't take care of one.

YDI for pushing your cat away when it wants to be pet, you selfish *****. go die

ImaginaryLightx 0

Your cat was probably trying to say goodbye to you ..

Neoswords 0

quoted from heavy weapons guy"Maybe...Maybe."

I'm gonna go cuddle my sister's chatty cat now...I'm serious =S I'm sorry about your cat...everyone saying OP deserved it, there's NO way she could have seen it coming. It's annoying when a cat constantly meows, trust me. Sometimes they don't even want a pat, it's like a baby who just needs to cry.

I agree, I have three cats and while I love them all dearly, my one cat Momo is just VERY vocal. He cries when he has food and water. I can't understand why he cries and I will say that I'll push him away if I'm trying to work. Even my other two cats will cry for attention in the middle of the night. They have food and water and a warm place to sleep. It doesn't make me or this person a bad human being or an animal abuser because we ignored our cats to get some work done. Besides, how many times do our cats ignore us during the day?

Shit, did PETA collectively comment on this or something? Just because you ignore a cat for a few hours does not make you a "monster" or a horrible person. For all we know the OP was trying to get something done and didn't have the time to play with her cat right at that moment. It's not as if she had neglected the cat or starved it for days or weeks. Granted we don't have all of the facts and can't say for sure, but don't just jump to conclusions and assume that the OP is some evil person who abuses animals or sacrifices the neighborhood pets simply because she brushed her cat off for a few minutes. That said, I'll admit that I've never owned cats and wouldn't know the difference between a "play with me" meow and an "I need help" meow. @ the OP: wow, that really sucks.

There's a HUGE difference between "I want more food/attention" mewing and "help me, I'm badly sick" mewing. If she has a cat the difference between anguished mews and just asking for attention is VERY big. (Aside from the fact the cat was probably sick for a while and the OP never realized...) I hate the PETA deeply, and yet I think the OP is heartless for not caring enough to quickly check why the cat sounded so desperate. A visit to the vet would have been nice too.

I'm not going to pay the vet 60$ twice daily for him to tell me my cat wants to be petted also animals don't always know they were about to die, like a heart attack, they cannot be predicted

OMFG.....I know this has nuthin to do with THIS fml, but I was moderating some fmls, and one of them said "Today. I'm breaking up with you John, U spend to much time on this site. FYL. I died of LAUGHTER.