By Anonymous - 25/12/2012 01:31 - United States - Danbury

Today, I had to slowly explain to my mother that Americans are not the only people who celebrate Christmas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 257
You deserved it 2 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

americans like to think they are the only ones that do alot of things.

bettykooler 7

14 - You're being sarcastic right? America is the only country that celebrates 4th of July. Other countries have their own Independence Days.

Comments

KM96 24

Haha even people in the South Pacific do too! :D And we have a great time :P

Pft. I wish. Southern Ontario's snow output has been rather disappointing over the past couple of years.

I was once asked by an american if we wear shoes in England... seriously?!

winkydog4056 16

I was asked if we have chickens in Germany...

Americans asked me do I know who the Beatles are? ( I'm from bloody Liverpool)!!

But we celebrate it the best. Lol, just kidding. Actually if I had my choice I'd celebrate like they do in Australia where it's hot. Right now I'm waiting on a snowstorm to dump several inches of snow on a city in the south that never has white Christmases.

We don't have Christmas here in Australia, we have "stand around the barbeque and chug back beers whilst the salads wilt and kids divebomb each other in the pool and we all give each other gift cards and then we pass out".

The_F3rris 11

At least she didn't think everyone celebrated xmas.

A heart warming episode of "My Mother, the Moronic Teabagger!" Don't miss it!!!

At least she know there is world outside America, OP. that's a start.