Hogwatch

By Anonymous - 19/02/2022 00:01

Today, I had to slowly and very seriously explain to my mother why there is no 'White History Month'. I can't believe we are actually related. FML
I agree, your life sucks 846
You deserved it 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I agree with your mom. Betty White deserves her own history month, and there would be no greater way to honor a national treasure in her death than proclaiming January, the month of her birth, National Month to Honor Betty White and Tell Her Story, or simply White History Month for short.

If you learn the standard curriculum, there are 12 white history months every year.

Comments

If you learn the standard curriculum, there are 12 white history months every year.

I agree with your mom. Betty White deserves her own history month, and there would be no greater way to honor a national treasure in her death than proclaiming January, the month of her birth, National Month to Honor Betty White and Tell Her Story, or simply White History Month for short.

Well, what about Reggie, Jaleel, and Shaun? The tag line for White History Month could be, "Did I do that?"

I'd honestly like to hear that reasoning.

turnabouttrial 21

it's because white history is anything but suppressed in public school. when black or indigenous history is finally mentioned in school, it's often highly sanitized to the point where it's unrecognizable or downright wrong. the best time to reverse this by designating a month to have American kids learn what they weren't properly taught was yesterday. you can have Irish, Scottish, Polish, Italian, German, Russian, Finnish, Spanish, and Danish history months, go right ahead, I promise you, no one will stop you. but white history month? that's already every month.