By Anonymous - 25/12/2012 01:31 - United States - Danbury

Today, I had to slowly explain to my mother that Americans are not the only people who celebrate Christmas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 257
You deserved it 2 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

americans like to think they are the only ones that do alot of things.

bettykooler 7

14 - You're being sarcastic right? America is the only country that celebrates 4th of July. Other countries have their own Independence Days.

Comments

It could go the other way around: I had to explain that Thanksgiving is NOT a global thing.

I know that in Canada, Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October. Hey, OP, just don't try to tell her that the Christmas traditions she loves are a ripoff of pagan festivals. That'll make her head explode.

doodoo10 10

this definitely isn't the first case where Americans are shown as ignorant.

You know, it's people like that who give Americans bad names. We're not all fat, stupid people. Just an unfortunate majority.

God. This makes me embarresed to be American. That and all the obesity.

This reminds me of the Rammstein song Amerika~

Steve_Dudley_UK 10

Next you'll be telling her that Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean is there all year round and doesn't just appear for twelve days of Christmas?

Americans like to act like they are really special.