By Anonymous - 25/12/2012 01:31 - United States - Danbury

Today, I had to slowly explain to my mother that Americans are not the only people who celebrate Christmas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 257
You deserved it 2 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

americans like to think they are the only ones that do alot of things.

bettykooler 7

14 - You're being sarcastic right? America is the only country that celebrates 4th of July. Other countries have their own Independence Days.

Comments

oj101 33

What are you talking about?! No country or culture ever existed before America. We have America to thank. Your mother might be onto something....

raphael1123 13

Great Britain existed, before America. Mesopotamia existed before Great Britain.

perdix 29

We are not, but we may have perverted it into a crass, commercial, materialistic grabfest more than anywhere else on Earth.

I'm calling bull (elephant)[sic] shit on that one OP. Next you'll rant about how the Pope, Vatican, and Jerusalem aren't just in 'merica..

Your mom should know Santa doesn't discriminate against any country he brings joy to everybody.

Accept the ones that don't celebrate Christmas...then he ignores you

Ins0mau 20

51, You'd sure HOPE he's finished by now, or he's running VERY late!! ;-)

clue_me_in 20

At least you're smart enough to correct your mother.

yeah it might be hard to understand, but up here in Canada, ah forget it. Canadian jokes are getting old

onorexveritas 23

Being Australian, I can tell you that America has a pretty terrible reputation for cultural ignorance and stupidity. Not saying all of you are (obviously), but unfortunately there are always plenty of examples around to perpetuate this idea

If we are so stupid, then why are we the leading country in the world? Just soak in that for a while...

yoursucklives 36
redmane 21

We also have rampant gun violence, a flailing economy, Lindsey Lohan, hardly any cultural knowledge (even though we pride ourselves on being so diverse), obesity up the ass, idiot politicians, stupid immigration laws, and the list goes on. Yeah, and we're the leading country. Just soak that in for a while...

kathryn14 19

I'm American, and I've been to other countries, and I can say truthfully that the only reason we have a bad rep is because of Hollywood. We're are not overall uneducated. And we are not rude.. In the south, at least. People in other countries are much more unwelcoming. I have heard from immigrants that Americans are the nicest people they've met. But about the "fat" stereotype, that one is a little true. Lol, it's annoying, but true.

Redox127 7

I am Canadian, and I do not think America's problem is their 'rudeness' but their seemingly lack of global awareness and education. I have travelled to both South America and Europe and I can attest that the Americans I had encountered have been more friendly. However, up here in Canada, the ignorance of Americans has always been a running joke. While vacationing in Florida during the 2011 Canadian federal election, I had a hard time finding out who won as there is no information on any network. As well, radio broadcasts are done interviewing Americans to see if they know the candidates (hardly any did)... I was utterly amazed, especially when American news and politics are so frequently shown on Canadian networks.

What is this "Christmas" you speak of? Us poor Irish folk have never heard of such a thing.